• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I paid for a yearly subscription and now it says I'm on a trial version of adobe creative cloud?????

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working fine from march onward when I bought it but when I tried to sign in today it's saying all my products are just trial version and when i go to activate it, it asks for a serial code which wasn't give to me in my emails or anything? I have the transaction in my bank on the day that i paid for it. I've tried re installing and updating but nothing is working. What. The. Beep. This is really annoying.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried it but it didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how I got to this forum, when I clicked the still need help it said to post on this forum >.<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarah , are you using Mac computer or Windows computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign out from Creative Cloud and sign in again using email ID using which you had purcahsed subscription:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Then launch CC apps which is asking for serial number and check.

Still asks for serial number check the hosts file for Adobe entries , if present remove it and try to activate.

Windows :

1)Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and look for file named "hosts" inside etc folder.

2)Copy the hosts file to Desktop and open the same with notepad.

3)Delete Adobe entries present inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc

4)Copy and paste the Hosts file back to "Etc" folder.

Make sure to select "Replace" option when prompted.

Mac:

1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.

/etc

3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.it

4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit, If present Delete Adobe entries present inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc

5)Copy and paste the Hosts file back to "Etc" folder.

Note: If the hosts file does not have Adobe entries , you can try below steps:

Windows :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

Then navigate to Local>Adobe>OOBE. Open OOBE folder and delete opm.db file.

Mac:

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
  2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe>OOBE. Open OOBE folder and delete opm.db file.

Once you had deleted opm.db file , launch Creative Cloud desktop application and sign in with valid email ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on windoes and it still didn't work, even when i look at my adobe account online it says I'm on a free membership?? Uh $185 or whatever is not free.... I need this for my university assignments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tried with the 3 steps ??

Sign out and Sign in ?

Checking Hosts file ?

Deleting opm.db file ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, and when i signed back in it still says trial version T.T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had installed any CC apps like Photoshop , Illustrator ..etc

Launch the apps and let me know whether you are getting any trial message pop up ?

And one more thing , did the Hosts file contained any Adobe  entries?  just asking .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha, how embarrasing, i figured out the problem, I was using my normal address, but when i signed up i actually used my university email address. Thanks for trying to help!! its all sorted now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that

Happens sometimes , I certainly understand

All the best  .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the same problem I'm disappointing adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please if you could give us a video tutorial on how to solve this problem would be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Calin ,

check with the Hosts file once . Let me know if there are Adobe entries present inside Hosts file .

Windows :

1)Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and look for file named "hosts" inside etc folder.

2)Copy the hosts file to Desktop and open the same with notepad.

3)Delete Adobe entries present inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc

4)Copy and paste the Hosts file back to "Etc" folder.

Mac:

1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.

/etc

3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.it

4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit, If present Delete Adobe entries present inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc

5)Copy and paste the Hosts file back to "Etc" folder.

When asked Authenticate with Mac password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines