• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID perdu

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai oublié ( ou fermé ?) l'email utilisé pour mon compte Adobe ; comment retrouver les coordonnées ?

(j'ai les n° d'enregistrement de phtoshop elements 12)

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a valid serial number, why can't you install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that for these licenses they ask for the email and password to log in, and then you insert the serial number, this or the other way around.

i still think it is enogh to try all mails and ask to retrieve the password. At some point you nail the right one, create a new password and that's all.

If as he suppose he has closed the email address, I am not sure it can be solved here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email is not required to install products that require a serial number.  email is required to register a product, but registration is not required (nor possible) when a product is not current (like the ops).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but registration is not required (nor possible) when a product is not current

By @kglad

You can register old applications.

I recently noticed that an old version of Photoshop Elements that I had was not registered when I went to my account to download it to another computer.

The download was not available, so I registered it by adding my serial number to my account and it became available to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Peru Bob , good to know. 

@Francine2292214578h1 , you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je ne comprends pas la quéstion: si vous ne vous souvenez plus de l'email, la méthode la plus simple (et la plus "manuelle") est d'essayer tous vos emails un par un et de mettre que vous avez oublié votre mot de passe. Lorsque vous arrivez au bon e-mail, le message vous sera envoyé par Adobe, en vous permettant de changer votre mot de passe. En faisant cela, vous remettez tout en place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, you don't have a serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you asking me or the creator of this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@floramc thank you for the link, but that adobe id and password does not need to be tied to the purchase of the dvd.  ie, the op has a valid adobe id and password (i think), and we know the op can sign in to adobe.

the only reason they may need to sign in using the adobe id used to purchase and/or register would be if they don't know their serial number and they think they can find it in their account (which may, or may not be true).

(and the op appears to be mia.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to explain with my poor english.

6 yares ago, I downloaded photoshop elements 12 from a CD. I was allowed to load in 3 different computers of my own. That what I did with an ID registration (email) that is no longer valid (closed). This year, I changed one of my computers and unloaded the application. I charged it on my new computer (with the same CD) and the Adobe system asked me to register the app. But I couldn't register because the old and closed email doesn't work any more.

I do have the serial numbers of the app, and with my name and old email, I guess that Adobe can find out my previous registration.

I have a few days left to register the app in order not to loose it (as said on Adobe)

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good morning kglad,

my english is not so good and I don't understand the abreviations as "op", "and the op appears to be mia."

please, can you explain ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

op = original poster (you, in this case).

mia = missing in action (meaning you were gone, and two helper @floramc and myself were just talking to each other and neither helping you).

in any case, you're back (and welcome back). 

registration is unnecessary. activation is necessary.

regarding adobe programs, those two terms are very different and their meaning may be lost in translation.  in any case, what does that email say?  i can't read it and i can't use a translator tool.  (btw, the translator tool works pretty well so you can post in french.)

if you see an "excess activation count" (see * below) message preventing you from activating your pse, that is very different from a nag screen asking you to register your pse (which is not possible anymore).

the only help you can get (for old software) from official adobe support is to "reset your activation count" which will deactivate it from all your computers (and will solve the "excess activation count" problem).  after that, if your license is for 3 installs, you should be able to reinstall on 3 computers.  but if you cannot reinstall because of a lost email or whatever, adobe support will not help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer Kglad.

I'm afraid of losing the ability to use my old version of photoshop elements on my new computer. The only solution I'll take will be to install a free application like this because the price of the recent version of Adobe is really prohibitive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"registration is unnecessary. activation is necessary"

I do understand the difference between registration and activation.

As I have to log in to my Adobe account (I'm actually registred) with the previous email which is no longer recognised, I can't activate the Application serial number for the new computer.

unfortunately...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you start the installation, are you promped for the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Kglad.

I can't stay so many hours on trying to solve an administrative problem and you, to get stuck at it.

So I'll give up and find a new way to work on my pics.

Once more, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"registration is unnecessary. activation is necessary"

I do understand the difference between registration and activation.

By @Francine2292214578h1

Registration is telling Adobe that you purchased the program and Adobe agrees.

Activation is entering the serial number so that it may be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines