• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Adobe Creative cloud on a drive that's not C

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna install Adobe Creative Cloud on a drive that's not my C drive. I know that you can go to prefences and choose a different location for your installed programs like Lightroom and Photoshop but that's not what I'm looking for. I currently have 40GB left on my C drive so whenever I wanna import photo's into Lightroom CC it tells me I need to make space on my C drive before it can import my photo's. My drive where I've got Lightroom and Photoshop installed on have 400GB left.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

the adobe cc desktop app has to be installed on your c drive.  there's no other option if you're going to install it..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the adobe cc desktop app has to be installed on your c drive.  there's no other option if you're going to install it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will soon run into performance issues if you don't free up space on the C drive or install a larger hard drive.

You need more room for temp files, system files, and Windows updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your telling me in order to use these ridiculously overpriced programs i need to conform to their nonsense? I spend so much on these products i should be able to install them wherever and however i want. No wonder people pirate this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your telling me in order to use these ridiculously overpriced programs i need to conform to their nonsense? 

By @Austin30053971edds

yes.  

adobe suggestions have greater effect if made elsewhere.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I can't believe this is how adobe actually makes it operate and not sure why this isn't complained about more. How do major studios and offices who need this but have systems configured with a small OS drive and larger storage drives operate? I CONSTANTLY have to maintain my OS' small 250GB because it's always filling up with every adobe app's cache or lightrooms temp edits (and I use 5-6 different apps regularly so they definitely add up). And when I've asked adobe about it they tell me there's nothing I can do and act like it's a perfectly normal thing to need to happen. I have 12TB of other space, let me use it please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2024 Sep 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Taylor38 

see the previous post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines