• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Error, cannot proceed due to insufficient disk space.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running windows 10 64bit. I added a new disk a few days ago, and the disk is brand-new and totally fine.

After I add the new drive, couple days later I cannot open my Adobe Premiere Pro 2020.

I tried to uninstall it but it says cannot proceed due to insufficient disk space and told me to free up some disk space and try again.

Same thing happened when I tried to use the App installer to install a new Premiere.

I have 200GB on my C drive, 129GB on my D drive, E drive which is the new drive have 2.4TB space, there's more than enough space on every disks I have. But it still saids insufficient disk space.

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Problem solved, turns out what causeing this prolem is the temp file location was set on partition F which I Merge with partition C to get more disk space, so the installer cannot find the temp file and didn't me install.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have rebooted (cold boot) your PC?

Do you have any protection software, like virus scanner, malware protection or others like that, running on your system?

If yes, deactivate such programs and try again.

The installation files located on network dive or local? If they are on network try to bring them on local drive and then check.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice, but I already solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you solve your problem ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved, turns out what causeing this prolem is the temp file location was set on partition F which I Merge with partition C to get more disk space, so the installer cannot find the temp file and didn't me install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karles, can you show how you fixed the problem because I'm facing the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karles5D90, was the install location within the Creative Cloud Desktop app adjusted?  What location is currently set for the install location?  For more information, see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/change-install-location.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine says photoshop needs 13.55 Gb of space beore i can install the software 

can anyone help me with this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much space is free on the drive that contains the operating system, Abdul? What location are you trying to install Photoshop too? What steps have you taken to free up the required disk space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the disk has 13 gb but i also tried installing it on my external drive which has 111gb but i couldnt instaed i got error message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@iam_abdul100 

your installation drive AND your c drive need more space than 13 gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For future viewers of this discussion, the insufficient disk space error is almost always accurate.

Anti-virus software and other protections will display different error messages if they block the download and installation process.  

You must have sufficient disk space on the drive/partition that contains the operating system to complete the download and install process. You may also want to consider using a different device if the current computer's storage drive can not be upgraded or repartitioned. Adobe creative applications are very demanding and also require large amounts of disk space. For complete details, see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html and click on the link for the application or service that you wish to utilize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines