• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation failed error code: 120

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer has a 128 GB SSD which is the C drive.  And it has a 1 TB regular hard drive which is the D drive.  I'm trying to install Photoshop.  I have it set to install to the D drive, but I keep getting an installation failed message with an error code of 120.  It says insufficient disk space. There is more than enough room on the D drive. Please help.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what folder on your d drive are you using to install ps?  (ie, you cannot install to the root of the drive)

how much open space in on your c drive?  (ie, even though you are installing on your d drive, some files will need to be installed on your c drive).

are you using the cc desktop app to install ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have space on your boot driver for the cloud manager and temp files used during install

Install on non-boot drive https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/moving-ps-and-lr-classic-from-internal-hd-to-an-external-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, even if you have a large D drive and very little on your C drive, you may get the error because temp and other files are extraced to the C drive during installation. I'd suggest cleaning up your C drive as much as possible to free up space. Perhaps emptying your trash may be all that's needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We appreciate you writing in. We second with all the suggestions shared by the experts above. Error Code 120 suggests there is insufficient disk space for app installation. It is always advisable to install the software on C: drive.

Having said that, you can always opt for one on one help from Adobe staff through the phone/chat support process. Here's how: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Let us know if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best solution would be to replace the C drive with a larger drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines