Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation problems with Premiere Elements 9

Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to reinstall Premeire Elements 9 on my desktop that had just crashed. It installs until it gets to installing required shared Technologies, then I get the error message saying"Installation process has encountered an error while installing". I click on it to close it and it starts rolling back the installation.

I am running Windows XP with Intel i5 quadcore cpu 4 gigs of memory. I love this product, but if I can not install it, then I will get some other software...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to reinstall, too. Same problem. Adobe seems to have gone out of their way to make this difficult!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starfiremoonraven,

Once you have downloaded the files, please navigate to the folder to which the files have been extracted. If you are using a disc, you will find these folders in it.

1. Click on the Adobe Premiere Elements 9 folder.

2. Then look for a folder named PRE9. Click on it.

3. Here double click on the folder named ElementsST1Installer (ST1 means Shared technologies 1)

4. Click on the Set-up icon you will see here.

5. Once set up completes, try installing the software.

If you still have the same issue, please follow the steps in the below mentioned document:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408730.html

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all that you suggested. Nothing seems to work. I guess I am going to have to find a program that will run. I am sorry that I wasted $100.00 , 7 months ago. I can not seem to connect to adobe support. I guess they do not care about their customers.

starfiremoonraven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for the inconvience.

I request you to please get in touch with Adobe Support so that the technicians can investigate and perform the required troubleshooting.

You can click on the link below to get in touch with support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Starfiremoonraven, I am sorry that you are continuing to have difficulties with your installation.  If you can provide us with the error message which you are receiving it will allow us to help lead you to a resolution to resolve your issue.  I would recommend reviewing Troubleshoot install using logs | Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements for information on how to obtain your installation error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines