Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installations error 145

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code: 145

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 2 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator21-Core', version:21.1.0.327

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator21-Core Version: 21.1.0.327). Error code: '145'

WARN: target folder 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Presets' does not exist, treating package 'AdobeIllustrator21-Settings' as uninstalled

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

B.Stkr Error 145 indicates that the installer is unable to overwrite some of the currently written files or folders.  Please uninstall the current installation of Illustrator by following the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps​.

You can find additional details regarding Error 145 at Troubleshoot errors using Creative Cloud log files .

If you have any additional questions then please update this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Creative Cloud Download & Install​ for further assistance.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B.Stkr Error 145 indicates that the installer is unable to overwrite some of the currently written files or folders.  Please uninstall the current installation of Illustrator by following the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps​.

You can find additional details regarding Error 145 at Troubleshoot errors using Creative Cloud log files .

If you have any additional questions then please update this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that's all well and good, I checked the Summary.htm, navigated to the offending file annnnnnnnd I cant delete or rename it. It tells me I don't have the administrator permission but I AM the administrator, it's my computer I'm the only one who uses it. it won't let me change the owner of the file either (or tell me who the owner is.)

I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colinmkl if you create a new local administrator account are you also denied permission?  For details on how to set up a new local administrator account see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the new local admin account was also denied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colinmkl then it is likely the permission is being denied due to the settings of your installed security software.  Please review the settings to verify it is not blocking access to the critical directories.  If you are unable to determine how to make the configuration change then you may want to temporarily suspend or remove the conflicting security software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspended all my security software, still no dice. If it helps, the install always dies at 88%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colinmkl you responded to a discussion where B.Stkr is receiving Error 145 within the installation log.  If you are not receiving the same error then please start a new discussion with the specific errors you are receiving within the installation log.  For details on how to locate the installation log please see post #2 of this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

that seems to have solved my problem. I couldn't answer earlier as I was away on vacation but i deactivated my security software and was able to delete the Illustartor folder and reinstall Illustrator.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks B.Stkr I appreciate the update. 

What security software, and version, did you end up needing to deactivate?  This information could be beneficial for future viewers who are also facing this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to deactivate the latest Avira Free Antivirus security Software. I am pretty sure that this is the reason why I have been recieving the same Error while updating Illustrator.

I will check back when a new update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you B.Stkr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pleased to see I am NOT the only one having these issues with this program. Load of BS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines