• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file.

New Here ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am a PC user, and I am trying to resolve an issue with installing the download links listed on this page. When I try to run the setup, I get the message listed in the subject.

I initially tried to download the products from the Creative Cloud Desktop App, but while the download would start, it wouldn't finish entirely due to an error (I don't exactly remember the message). I ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, installed the Creative Cloud Desktop App, and tried running the download again. But it didn't work.

And so now, I've finished trying to manually install them, and this is where I am at now.

Can someone please help me out?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

If anyone is getting this error message recently, there is a really simple workaround (I hear it has something to do with Mac OS Sierra version): 

Right click Install.   Click Show Package Contents. 

Click "Show Package Contents."

Go to "Mac OS" folder, then double-click the "Install.app" inside.

It worked for me, and if it's a simple version problem, it'll work for you too~

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start at the top and work your way down applying applicable fixes until your problem is resolved.

if cc (win):  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-application-failed.html

if, your error is:

"Installer failed to initialize. File not found." or "Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to missing files."

first, rename OOBE Folder to OOBE.old.

to find OOBE:

64 bit win OS: Program Files x86\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

32 bit win OS: Program Files \Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

mac os: HD>library>application support>adobe>caps

mac os: USER>library>application support>adobe>OOB

if that fails or isn't the exact error you see, uninstall, clean (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html) and reinstall.

if you're using a dvd to install:

copy the disc contents to a desktop directory and install from that directory.

if you're using a mac:

1. Try to Create a new user account in Mac with Administrator Priviledges.

2. Login to the New user, Navigate to Mac HD> Application> Utilities> Adobe Installer folder, Locate products like Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash, Adobe Air and un-install them

3. Navigate to User Library> Application Support> Adobe and move Adobe to Trash.

4. Navigate to Mac HD> Library> Application Support> Adobe and move Adobe to Trash.

5. Start the installation again.

if everything applicable above fails, check your installation logs:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-install-using-logs-elements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is getting this error message recently, there is a really simple workaround (I hear it has something to do with Mac OS Sierra version): 

Right click Install.   Click Show Package Contents. 

Click "Show Package Contents."

Go to "Mac OS" folder, then double-click the "Install.app" inside.

It worked for me, and if it's a simple version problem, it'll work for you too~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK GOD I FOUND THIS - Adobe needs this fix somewhere very prominent on its support services site. Fantastic fix and considering the ubiquity of OS Sierra they should be talking to Apple a lot more ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has been sop for several months:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

this is an old thread dating from before widespread problems with sierra and older adobe programs was recognized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much - really helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrific! Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but if i try this i get only a unix executable file called "Install" that opens in textedit. No installation begins. Am I seeing the same thing you're describing?

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 12.37.09 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very close Goshawk2.  Make sure to complete the next step of dragging the Install Unix Executable to the open Terminal window.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent...worked like a charm.  So simple, so effective...cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines