• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer says Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard serial not valid

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to install Windows version of Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard (English version) which wasn't used it in years. I went ahead and registered both Windows and Mac versions successfully on my Adobe account. After setting up a Windows 7 Virtual Machine in VMWare, I launched the installer but when I wanted to use the serial number which I used to register the product, it gave me "serial not valid" error. It installs fine in trial mode which imho rules out any software incompatibility issues. What could be the problem and how do I go about fixing it? 

It seems like a common problem based on what I've been reading on these forums. Can anyone check my serials and explain what seems to be the problem as I'm certain my serials are valid. 

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assuming you're using a valid adobe serial number (6 groups of 4 numbers), you have a mismatch between your installation file and serial number. ie, you can have a valid serial number, but if it's for program A and your installation file is for program B, you will see an invalid serial number message.

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), platform (eg, serial number is for a mac and installation file is win), license type (eg, education vs enterprise vs individual). and one of the most common is using a program installation file with a suite's serial number. eg, using a cs6 suite serial number with a photoshop cs6 installation file. that won't work even though photoshop is included in that suite. you must use the (correct) suite's installation file (and you can choose to only install one program from the suite).

here's official info about that error, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done some research and now I remember that I probably need this file but that's not available for download any more, which is inexplicable. "DesignStandard_CS5_5_LS6.7z" 

Moving away from a bog standard reply and yes, I have a 6 groups of 4 members valid adobe serial number, what can be done so I can get which I believe to be the correct file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Adobe CS5.5 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant / Manager) | ProDesignTools

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking for quite a while but I haven't seen LS6 version of the Design Standard, which is the one I need (The one with the cs-CZ / hu-HU / pl-PL / ro-RO / ru-RU / tr-TR / uk-UA support). LS1 doesn't work with my serial, which is weird because this is one of the download links given to me when I registered my product. Adobe must have removed the files, for what reason I don't understand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't look like the english, europe or western europe versions in which case you're out of luck.  you should have saved the installation file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, my bad for expecting Adobe to provide conveniences that buyers of english, europe or western european versions of their products still enjoy to this day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 was released in 2010.  You're expecting too much from 12 year old software that's discontinued & unsupported.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, is that your response? The other files are still there. These are not files so large that they take multiple TBs each, it costs Adobe pennies to store in their servers. My purchases along the years must have paid for like a lifetime of a couple TB storage alone. What is the point of putting all of these files up to be downloaded then removing some arbitrarily? Can you explain with confidence that the Japanese version is more worthy of keeping while they ditch the Ru-Tr-Cz-etc.? It seems like I'm not expecting any more from this than the users of Japanese or English versions of this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsupported MEANS unsupported.  It is what it is. 

I don't work for Adobe.  But I'm guessing the old installation servers aged out and had to be decommissioned from service.  Sadly, nothing lasts forever.

If you want supported software, get a Creative Cloud plan.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try harder at simping please. I guess in your mind unsupported means implied continued support for some languages and not for others. I'm still waiting, that is if you can muster the intellectual fortitude and ability, the answer to my original question. If you're incapable of answering, for lack of any of the two attributes stated above, you should refrain from deflecting. It's more useful (or less useless to be specific) as a non-response than a time wasting response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

locking because thread is no longer useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines