• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer won't accept my password?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download a free trial of illustrator. When I open the Creative Cloud installer, it prompts me for my username and password. I enter this info correctly (I am absolutely sure) and it won't accept it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

If it looks like this  :

Enter you Mac Username and  password .

index.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allie,

Try logging in to Adobe.com to verify your username/password combination.  If you are unable to login, you can check "forgot password" and change it.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pattie, but I have tried that and it still will not accept my password. I have tried downloading the installer again, and that didn't work either. Is there anything else I can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allie,

Is it possible that during installation it is actually your operating system asking your for the password? My PC and Mac ask me for the system password each time I install a program. See if that might be the case here.

relocating post  to Trial Download & Install forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it looks like this  :

Enter you Mac Username and  password .

index.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is terrible UI 

Please add "please enter your system user name and password" not your adobe one! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed but that's an Apple UI generated by the Mac operating system. Nothing to do with Adobe. It appears whenever you install any software on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem too, and it's not asking for my mac password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, please show a screen shot of the password prompt you get, if it's different from the one already shared. Make sure there is no personal info in it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG OMG! I HAVE THE ANSWER! 

i was literally balling my eyes out from frustration , called adobe and was on the phone for hours - it was trial and error the whole time - we tried the password i literally just made on my adobe account -NO! - we tried putting in the password to the email account i used -NO AGAIN!-

THE PASSWORD IS THE PASSWORD THAT YOU USE TO LOG IN TO YOUR ACTUAL COMPUTER !  (Like the "unlocking your computer" password)  -YES!!!! 

AND BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@yunnitv 

this was answered many years ago, including a post on this thread from 2015. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines