• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Creative Cloud Desktop but I got Error 13 an issue permission on my MacBookPro, why?

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobers,

I bought my Creative Cloud plan, and I'm going to download and Installa the Creative Cloud Desktop App before getting all the CC softwares I need. But when I download the "CreativeCloudInstaller.dmg" on my new MacBookPro Retina with OS Lion 10.8.4 and I start the procedure, the package during the installation ask me for my Mac account password to make some changes... after then it show me an error message: Error 13... something related to a permission issue in writing in a folder for cookies.

Please, see the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2013-08-26 at 10.12.21 PM.png

PS: I have tried all suggestions found in this forum... verifying permission with Utility Disk, writing in the Terminal the codelines suggested, creating a new user on my mac etc... nothing worked for me!

Thanks a lot!

Marco

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Hi Romit,

thanks to Maurizio (Apple Store Business, Firenze - Italy) I got the right fix to the issue I found during the installation of the #CreativeCloud Desktop App.

So, when while installing the CC Desk App, we got the "Error Starting Creative Cloud - cookies dir: cannot make folder /cookies: Permission denied (error 13)" alert message pop-up, we are experiencing a problem in folders Read&Write permission with our Administrator User account on our Mac.

http://f.cl.ly/items/0t1v2w0S3I1b1S1w1G46/Screen%20Shot%202013-08-26%20at%2010.12.21%20PM.png

Well, before fix this issue, we need to un

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had gotten to it by going to Lightroom, and then downloading a Trial version.

Now it looks like it download Creative Cloud.

ADOBE: PLEASE FIX YOUR INSTALLER!  YOU HAVE A BUG!!!!!

Go out and image/buy a brand new Mac, and try to install DIRECTLY from your website (like an end user).  The Creative Cloud Installer has a SERIOUS BUG that is stopping many users from installing ALL OF YOUR PRODUCTS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=113&platform=Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this message:

Error: null has been reported.

Wanna cry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solution worked PERFECTLY for me!!!  thank you, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which solution ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes!!! Thank you Marco!!! It worked!!! I've been at this all friggin day and this finally worked!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines