• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing on a new computer tells me I have to de-activate on another computer...

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing on a new computer tells me I have to de-activate on another computer because there are no more activations left.

But in my acount under Activations I see this:

Activated devices

You can install Adobe applications on more than one computer, activate them (sign in) on two, but use them on only one computer at a time. To activate apps on a third machine, you’ll need to deactivate (sign out) on one of the two current computers first.

You have no activated devices

So, how can I install on a new computer when it tells me there are no activated devices???

Help!

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you trying to install? Is it using a subscription (like Creative Cloud or Acrobat DC)? Or is it a perpetual license (like Photoshop Elements, Creative Suite, or Acrobat 2000)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a purchased copy of Master Collection 6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then forget the "activations" section. This is nothing to do with Creative Suite.  You have several issues to face.

* Creative Suite could be installed exactly twice. No more. 

* There are two ways only to release it for reinstalling (1) deactivate it ON the old computer or (2) call Adobe to ask for an "activation count reset".

* Adobe will sometimes do an activation count reset if you ask them, and sometimes not; it depends on the support person, as they may say it is out of support.

* A reset can be done only for the registered user. This is a big problem if you purchased a used copy. To transfer the registration to you needs signed paperwork by both you AND the original owner; until this is done, you are not allowed to use it.

* Be warned most creative suite copies found on sale are fake/counterfeit/pirated; Adobe are constantly moving to block these, so a purchase work for a day or a year then stop dead.

Buying this ancient software is a big risk. Adobe want to sell you the current product with a subscription, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Reading closely, I think I may be mistaken about it being used; you didn't say you JUST bought it - read "purchased a copy" instead of "a purchased copy"; in this case, if you are the registered user you must contact Adobe for an activation count reset. Ask only for this, and be prepared to try many times. Do NOT reply to anyone contacting you who claims to be from Adobe - scammers!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by, Test Screen Name , please go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset (make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for all the replies!

I purchased directly from Adobe many years ago, so all is well with that.

I will try to get the "activations reset" as you recommend. 

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines