Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing to a different drive

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently got an Asus tablet. I'm trying to install the Adobe CS5.5 Master Collection, and the option to install to a different drive is grayed out. I cannot install to the main C drive, due to the small size of the drive. I'm trying to install to a high speed SD card with more than enough room on it.

PLEASE HELP!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS is your ASUS tablet running?  How much space do you have on your C drive at the moment?  You can customize the installation location but you will still need sufficient space on the C: drive for the temp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 7. I have about 8GB on the C drive. I am unable to select another drive for installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have 8GB free or 8GB total?  You can find out by selecting properties on the C: drive. 

You should be able to customize the installation at the point where you choose the components to install.  Also according to our technical specifications for Master Collection, http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/mastercollection/tech-specs.html, you will need a total of 24.3 gigabytes of available disc space to install all components.  You might also want to check the remainder of the requirements to ensure that your hardware specifications for your tablet at least meet those specifications.  It may not be a space issue but your tablet maybe failing other system requirements as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've freed up some space, but now during the install, it stops and asks me to insert the disc. This was a download

using the Adobe Download Assistant. There was never a disc. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error I get is: "Please insert Disk AdobeMasterCollection5-trial-English to continue". I have the installer on my SD

card (D drive) and I'm trying to install to the C drive. Should I not be doing it this way? Does the installer have to be

on the C drive as well?

This is super frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you copy the entire contents of the DVD to your SD card?  From the message which you are receiving it appears that what you have copied is missing installation components.  What Adobe applications are you planning on installing on your tablet?  Also what model ASUS tablet are you using?  I don't suppose you have a link to the technical specifications of the tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no DVD. It was a digital download from the Adobe site. It's the Asus Eee Slate 121.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download it initially on the tablet or another computer?  If so you might want to try installing initally on the other computer and seeing if you run into the same issue.  If you do then I would recommend downloading the software again.  If not then I would recopy the files over to your SD card.

Looks like the Asus Eee Slate 121 is a fairly modest laptop.  It does appear that it does not meet the minimum system requirement for at least a 1280x900 display.  This may cause you problems when trying to access different features within our different applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the software directly to the C drive, and the install

failed. I downloaded to the SD card, and tried to install to the C drive

from there, and the install failed. Both times, it asked me to insert

the disc. There was no disc. All files that downloaded were on the

machine at the time of install.

I'm downloading to another computer at the moment. The downloads are

taking a LOOOOONG time, like 5+ hours. I've never had this many issues

installing anything before. This is not an ideal installation procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FloydBishop I would recommend you try the installation on a computer which meets the minimum system requirements first.  This will help verify the installation files are good prior to trying to install on your tablet again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to install Flash, Photoshop, and Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines