• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intalling on external drive

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, since my internal space on my notebook is limited, I bough an external drive to instal the Adobe products to. However when I set the path and start installing the apps through the CC app, after a while I got an error message telling me I cannot install the app on a network drive. It is weird because the external drive isn't a network drive. Is there a way to set the drives to that CC app doesn't see them as network drives?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Ok, so I guess what DESTINK said is kind of correct. For some reason when I changed the mounting of the external drive to D letter, out of sudden it started working again and the CC client allowed me to install all the products there. However, when the drive was on letter E, it gave me an error regarding the network drive not being supported. I wonder if this is a bug and I should report it, or if it is a feature. Anyway it is annoying and senseless in both cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Drives for this kind of program must be primary. it will work on partion only,

like Disk C install to Disk D, but on external I didnt too.
Just try ssd and clone your other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will continue to have issues unless you get a larger system drive.  All applications use some system drive space.  The system also needs room for system files and temp files.

How large is your C drive and how full is it?

What Adobe Apps do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is not the point of my original post. I have enough space for temp files and everything, I just don't want the Adobe products to occupy space when I have drive big enough where they can be installed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I guess what DESTINK said is kind of correct. For some reason when I changed the mounting of the external drive to D letter, out of sudden it started working again and the CC client allowed me to install all the products there. However, when the drive was on letter E, it gave me an error regarding the network drive not being supported. I wonder if this is a bug and I should report it, or if it is a feature. Anyway it is annoying and senseless in both cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WTF!!!
I'm having a full disk alert on my new (3 months old) 250Gb Mac Mini M1... It's all bloted with Adobe CC ressources...
Now What!? It is a non sense that I can't install. I can't even update my apps!

Comming from a windows workstation I did read about this « Adobe requirement » before buying my Mac Mini so I saved some money on my hard-drive capacity since that is so pricy at Apple. I bought a 1Tb thunderbolt 3 external hard drive for my Adobe applications.

It is a none sense that Adobe does not offer a technical solution for using their solution on an external drive. I would not mind having dedicated to Adobe CC exclusevly. Like a don't even mind BUYING a dedicated drive from Adobe's store. At least that would be an option to a problem. Right now Adobe is just closing its eyes on the problem because it's makes life eazy for them to manage licences and access rights. But ignoring this problem is just giving fuel for hacker to taking on them to contour the problem that Adobe doesn't want to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines