Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet Explorer Blocked

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In our organisation IE is blocked at the firewall from accessing the internet, this is causing a problem with our Adobe products not being able to sign in as they use IE.

Can anyone advise whether there is a way to make Adobe use Edge or a chromium browser for its sign-in process?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone advise whether there is a way to make Adobe use Edge or a chromium browser for its sign-in process?

That's a user preference set by either the end user or the network administrator.

Does your organisation's firewall block all internet access for all browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your default browser  is determined by your computer's operating system, not Adobe Creative Cloud,  In fact Adobe CC is compatible with all modern desktop browsers.  See screenshot.

For details on chancing browsers, do a Google search for [your operating system]

default browser.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I'm not talking about the user accessing a website.  I am talking about when the user launches say Adobe Acrobat and needs to login for their license to apply, that process uses Internet Explorer as it's browser, we have IE blocked at the firewall.

So my question is is there a registry key or some other way to force the in-app sign-in process to use a different browser instead of IE?  If not, is anyone aware of if this is on a road map for a future version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what you are saying is that this window uses ie underneath?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted this to the Adobe User Voice to have this changed in a future release: Stop using Internet Explorer for application logins – Share your feedback on Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Possibly your solution is to install Creative Cloud first, even if you don't use it. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines