• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid Serial Number Error with CS6 Products

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe shut off the activation server for Adobe CS6 products? I haven't been able to install anything lately. It keeps saying my serial number is invalid. I've tried all of the solutions listed here Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite​, and nothing works on multiple computers with multiple network connections over multiple days. At this point, I'm pretty sure the problem is on Adobe's side.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

OK. I spent some serious time looking through installer logs like PDapp.log and Oobelib.log, and using various tools like Process Explorer to see exactly what the installer was doing and at what step it failed. I'm pretty sure I found out the root cause of the failure. Basically, the connection with the activation server uses either TLS 1.1 or 1.2 which some older operating systems don't support. You can patch up Windows XP if you don't mind your using POSReady updates. Windows Vista and 7 need

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this long message thread CS6 Serial Number revoked

If you have a serial number sold to you from an illegal vendor, there is nothing you may do

If you are sure you bought a legal, individual license, contact Adobe

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the serial number directly from Adobe's Licensing Website (AWL), so it is not from an illegal vendor. I've also used the serial number successfully in the past.

I tried twice to contact Adobe. The first time they disconnected in middle of a chat session and the second time they kept me waiting 20 minutes before I had to cancel the chat session myself in order to prepare for a meeting I had later.

This has been a needlessly frustrating experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>used the serial number successfully in the past

How many times have you activated, and did you DE-activate to be able to activate a 3rd (or more) time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a volume license serial number and we're well within the number of licenses we paid for. I even have a certificate with the serial number and the number of licenses. This is a clearly a problem on Adobe's end and I wish there was some way to easily contact them instead of the chat with what is clearly lowest bidder outsourced Indian tech support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked an Adobe Staff member to look at this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I have requested the concerned experts to follow up.

Thanks

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GMUSM, sorry you are facing errors utilizing your Creative Suite 6 software.  I reviewed the serial number you provided in case ADB-3022397-P6P5 and can confirm the serial number is for the volume license for Photoshop CS6 Extended for Windows in Universal English.

The retail installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications should work with the volume license serial number you provided.  If you continue to receive errors that the serial number is invalid then you will want to go to https://licensing.adobe.com/ to download the installation files provided with your purchase.  For more information on how to access volume license, serial numbers and installation files see Adobe Licensing Website | Serial numbers, orders, and accounts .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using the DVDs I got when I first received the serial numbers. When that didn't work, I downloaded the installer off the licensing website just in case it was a newer version - that didn't work either. I guess I can try the retail installer. However, before I waste more of my time, can someone  at Adobe check to see if the serial number is still valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GMUSM, I checked the validity of the serial number before I posted in message #7.

If you are using the correct installation files then the steps listed in Error: "The serial number is not valid for this product" | Adobe Creative Suite should resolve any additional errors, GMUSM.  Were you able to locate and delete the Adobe PCD and the caps.db file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. I have to upgrade my opertaing system to the new Mac software so my Adoble Master Collection 6 will not work on the new Mac Software update.  So i have tried to install my master collection on my Mac Book Air which is running the operating system version which does work with Adobe MAster collection 6.  When i try to install the software it will not activate my serial number I get an error messages saying Adobe no longer supports the serial number.. Why can i not keep a version running on my older computer can you please advise how i can get the software active.. It also asked at one stage for an request code for offline registration Please advise thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I spent some serious time looking through installer logs like PDapp.log and Oobelib.log, and using various tools like Process Explorer to see exactly what the installer was doing and at what step it failed. I'm pretty sure I found out the root cause of the failure. Basically, the connection with the activation server uses either TLS 1.1 or 1.2 which some older operating systems don't support. You can patch up Windows XP if you don't mind your using POSReady updates. Windows Vista and 7 need the latest services packs AND all Windows Updates installed and maybe some registry hacks on top of that.

You can work around all of this by using the Adobe Provisioning Toolkit Enterprise Edition found on the Creative Suite Enterprise Deployment page. Using a "Type 1" exception, you can activate your license on another computer or with a browser that supports TLS 1.2 (like Firefox or Chrome) by generating a response code and going to the following page: Offline Activation

This has been a long journey (including an interesting encounter with someone who tried to trick me into turning over my serial number). I would like thank everyone in the forum who replied. Your responses helped narrow down the problem which I appreicate. I still have some choice words for Adobe support which I'll keep to myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, GMUSM!  I am curious what version of Windows were you installing CS6 on?  You make mention of XP, Vista and 7 in post #10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing on Windows XP, but I tried Adobe Provisioning Toolkit Enterprise Edition on Windows Vista and 7. It never worked right on Vista (endless loop) and would not launch on 7 (said it was not compatible and I needed a 64-bit version). I managed to get the Provisioning Tookit working on XP (using POSReady updates) and Mac OS X 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, happy to hear you were successful with the Windows XP installation.  This discussion will certainly help others who may be facing similar errors installing on Windows XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines