• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid Serial Number

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move my Acrobat Pro 9 from my old computer to my new one. I went online to my Adobe account and found my registered copy information. I used the download link to install the software and copied the serial number as shown. When I tried using it though I got an "invalid serial number" error. I don't understand, I'm downloading from the Adobe site using the supplied serial number yet I'm getting an error message. Any thoughts on what's going on or how I can install it? Is it possible to see the serial number of the copy that's installed on my old machine?

Thanks for the help!!!

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to see the serial number of the copy that's installed on my old machine?

Which operating system?

Windows: https://www.belarc.com/products/belarc-advisor

Mac: https://mac-product-key-finder.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have downloaded a different version of Acrobat and so the serial number was not correct for that version.

You can download Acrobat Pro 9 from the site below. Log into your Adobe account before accessing the link in the page (like in a different browser window).
https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-acrobat-x-10-pro-reader-suite-direct-download-links-ddl.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dean, Thanks for the link. Unfortunately Adobe Pro 9 is not listed there. I did click on the "download" button just below the Adobe Professional label in my Adaobe account. It did download the correct software version it just says "invalid serial number."  Arghhh.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Adobe Pro 9 is not listed there.

It's there. Links to versions back to version 8 are there. You have to scroll down about  four screen's worth of content to see version 9 links.

Have you retrieved the serial number from your old computer yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John mentioned, Acobat Pro 9 is listed in the page I posted.

If you have the correct version from  accessing the application through your Adobe account, then it could be the serial number.

It may be worth speaking to an Adobe support person through the chat as below. 
https://helpx.adobe.com/au/contact.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dean,

First, thank you and John for trying to help me - I really appreciate it.

I was able to find the AP9 on the page you sent and downloaded it. Unfortunately The serial number wouldn't work. I ran Belarc and found a different serial number. I tried that one too but it didn't work. I will try reaching out to the Adobe support team as you suggested. If you have any other ideas please let me know. Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran Belarc and found a different serial number. I tried that one too but it didn't work.

Did you ensure that the serial number you found using Belarc matched the software version of the installer?

Without an exact match (for example Acrobat Std and Acrobat Pro are different) then the serial number will not be accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they both are Adobe Acrobat Professional Version 9. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. Adobe Customer Care are the only ones who can help you with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines