Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Flash CS6 abandonware?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I want to ask if Adobe Flash CS6 is abandonware now and if I can download and send a link to the download to other people as well. I need to use the program to game UI. 

I don't want to do any piracy stuff but I found out that it's discontinued and I can't buy it anywhere. 

Thank you for rensponces

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

No.  You will be breaking the copyright law.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash is dead and no longer available from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I'm download it from the internet (torrent, download sites) and send the link to other people I'm not breaking any copyright law right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  You will be breaking the copyright law.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@janb64205063,

Even if you manage to find a download that isn't infected with malware, all modern browsers and operating systems stopped allowing Flash Player to run. The kill-switch was sent out in early January for your protection.  And Apple devices NEVER supported Flash. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

I urge you to find other interests.  There are plenty of HTML5 games online that don't need Flash Player.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Flash for making UI for game made in CryENGINE since it needs to use action script 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are using it for is not relevant. Perhaps you can use the current product, a subscription to "Adobe Animate CC". This replaced Flash Pro CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if it would work. CryENGINE needs action script 2 and scaleform 3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this changes the original reply: There is no right to get, share, or run discontinued software. If you have a business or job built on doing something illegal, you need to know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither Flash nor ActionScript are mentioned in CryEngine's system requirements.

https://www.cryengine.com/support/view/system-requirements

I'm afraid nobody here can help you, sorry.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Abandonware" is not a concept recognised by US law or by Adobe's lawyers. It's just wishful thinking and used by some people to make them feel good about stealing. There is no right to get, share, or run discontinued software. Just like, if a book goes out of print, you don't have the right to start printing copies of the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines