• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is mine still the trial version or not?

Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wished to have Photoshop CC on both my laptop and my desktop system. I went about it in a strange way.
First I downlaoded the trial version of Photoshop CC to my laptop. Then I went onto  my desktop system and almost immediately bought the photography plan and that let me download photoshop and Lightbox as full paid versions. I went back to my laptop to see what was happening there. I saw in the CC app that Lightbox was ready to "install" so I did that. but there was no change showing for photoshop.  Will it have upgraded itself automatically form the trial version to the paid version? Is there any way for me to tell if that version of photoshop is still the trial version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

I think if it was the trial version it would say so.

Correct. As mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, if the software is a Trial it will say so in the first screen when you launch it.

On further review, I don't believe there is any Licensed to: message in Cloud versions. Not in mine here anyway.

If you click the Help menu in Photoshop, you should see an item called Sign Out <your Adobe ID> - indicating that you're signed in and running the full (non-trial) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this position I would reboot the laptop, ensure you're signed in to your Adobe account and see if Photoshop is the full version when you next launch. Check via the CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do I know when I check the CC desktop app? Would it be labelled as "Trial Version" if it was still the trial version? Is it as simple as that?
It's labelled on the App as "Photoshop CC (2015.5)" Does that mean its the full version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how do I know when I check the CC desktop app? Would it be labelled as "Trial Version" if it was still the trial version? Is it as simple as that?

Yes.

When you launch the software, the splash screen should say "Licensed to"

If you get a screen asking you to Continue as trial then you know it's a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of the above. I don't see anything saying "Licensed to" as I launch, nor is there anything about continuing as a trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots so we can provide comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shots of what? I tried to get a screenshot of photoshop launching but it launches too quickly. I can't take a screenshot of anything about it "continuing as a trial" because I haven't seen anything like that. Sigh! I suppose if it disappears after a week I'll know it was the trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tuilorraine you can find details on how to post a screen shot of the error message at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get an error message. I know how to make a screenshot.I just want to know how to tell if my version is still the trial version or not, but I've stopped worrying about it now. I think if it was the trial version it would say so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if it was the trial version it would say so.

Correct. As mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, if the software is a Trial it will say so in the first screen when you launch it.

On further review, I don't believe there is any Licensed to: message in Cloud versions. Not in mine here anyway.

If you click the Help menu in Photoshop, you should see an item called Sign Out <your Adobe ID> - indicating that you're signed in and running the full (non-trial) version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES! Thank-you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines