• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is node.exe in Task Manager an Adobe process?

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't do any file syncing, how can I stop it? It keeps coming back even when I force it off in Task Manager.

Any other processes in Task Manager that I can close? I don't use Adobe everyday and don't need extra processes running for no reason.

(If I do close any necessary processes for Acrobat or Elements and I then start the program will the necessary processes start by themselves?)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

yes, it is - Process Called Node.exe In Task Manager

whether you'll have problems after closing it, i don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it is - Process Called Node.exe In Task Manager

whether you'll have problems after closing it, i don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a very professional answer! In fact, it doesn't really answer anything! Can perhaps somebody else reply with some proper detail?adobe node exe number 1.pngadobe node exe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Node.exe is a process to run JavaScript apps. It is used by Adobe and many others. So, it can be an Adobe process, but it might not be. I hope that's "professional" enough for you. Should I add more technobabble?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you are rude on top of it.

The following was actually asked in the first place.

" I don't do any file syncing, how can I stop it? It keeps coming back even when I force it off in Task Manager.

Any other processes in Task Manager that I can close? I don't use Adobe every day and don't need extra processes running for no reason.

(If I do close any necessary processes for Acrobat or Elements and I then start the program, will the necessary processes start by themselves?) "

Nobody asked what Node.exe actually is. The relevant questions are marked in blue and green above. Especially don't need your "technobabble" as a reply!

Why are you answering in the first place? The answer had originally come from 

kglad • Adobe Community Professional , Nov 16, 2018

Can somebody else from Adobe give an answer to what was asked. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is rudeness, but I think we'll leave it to others to decide who has been rude. I don't think you have picked up how the forums work. Nobody from Adobe will answer. Nobody from Adobe has answered. Perhaps you are misled by the "Adobe Community Professional" label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines