• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the intel core i7 good for graphic design?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need a new laptop. I study graphic design and want something fast on a budget... I was thinking of the lenovo ideapad 5 with intel core i7-1165G7. 

Is this processor good? I mainly have to work with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. I would also like to use Blender.

TOPICS
Activation , CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Storiabanale, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html for links to the system requirements for the Adobe Desktop applications included with a Creative Cloud membership.

You may want to be careful about what you are setting your computer budget for if you are planning to use demanding applications like Photoshop or Illustrator CC.  If the computer you select only meets the current requirements, then you may need to purchase a whole new computer in two or three years to continue using the latest features of each app.  You might also want to give yourself room for growth into other applications or services included with a Creative Cloud membership.

Personally, I have found it has been more worthwhile to invest a bit more heavily in my computer purchases; they then last me four to five years and meet a range of demanding uses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Jeff A Wright said, just meeting the minimum requirements means it will install and run, not that it will give optimum performance.  When in doubt, add more RAM and more storage space on fast drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The key thing is that the CPU is just part of the deal. That's a good one. But the amount of RAM, the size and speed of the hard disk/SSD, and the GPU (video card) are all even more important. Don't guess, the wrong choices will leave you with an expensive paperweight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines