• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a difference between Creative Suite CS6 & Creative Cloud?

New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a difference between Creative Suite CS6 & Creative Cloud?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Creative Suite CS6 is a Serial number based software means you can activate the software using the a serial number given with the installer. However Creative cloud is service given by Adobe to install the software on the computer and can be activated using the subscription purchased for the Adobe softwares avialable on the cloud. Subscription can be purchased on Monthly / yearly basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite CS6 is a Serial number based software means you can activate the software using the a serial number given with the installer. However Creative cloud is service given by Adobe to install the software on the computer and can be activated using the subscription purchased for the Adobe softwares avialable on the cloud. Subscription can be purchased on Monthly / yearly basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info but I mean in versions. Ex. Indesign CS6 has version 8.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Base version of the software in Creative Cloud CS6 Software and Creative Suite 6 is same, However there is a diffrence in updates version avialable for Creative Suite software and Creaive Cloud Software.

Also like to tell you Creative Cloud subscription upgrade is free of cost so whenever Adobe release any update or Upgrade for the any product then all the creative cloud users will get the updated version and CS7 onwards Adobe Creative Suite would not be avialable CS7 can only be purchased via subscription only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shure.

With CS 6 you have a liftetime right to open your files.

With CC you can not open and change (most of) the files you created after you decide to end subscribtion.

(eg. InDesign, AfterEffects, Illustrator and all the others which can´t be opened and edited with other software)

In case of CS 6 you buy the lifetime right to use. In case of CC you pay lifetime or lose access to your work.

That´s it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to chime in that this response isn't entirely accurate.  You don't lose access to your work, you just lose access to the software.  If you're doing digital artwork, you should be exporting a final product in a format other than .ai or .psd.  Most sites you put your work on will only accept standard image formats (jpeg, png, etc) and if you're printing your artwork, well - you've got the prints.  People often say that when your subscription is over you'll lose your artwork and it scares people away from using CC but honestly, you've got nothing to worry about in that case.  I know it's not on topic with the OP but it just really shouldn't be left at 'CC pay for the rest of your life or your work is lost' because that's just not painting the full picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems, you don´t fully realized the concern about losing your work after subscription:

You can´t export your PS or AI or other files to Formats, that allow FULL ACCESS to your creations.

As a company owner: Do you really think, I convert the 10.000ands of PS-files I create every year, to nearby useless one-layer images like jpg?
And even TIF is not able to give me access to all the PS-functions.

Also: All the money, I spend for PlugIns (which are much more expensive than a few Master-Collections) is gone if I don´t stay in dependency.

Telling: Save it to other Formats is a little bit simple, or?
(Which Application is able to handle illustrator or premiere files with FULL ACCESS to all functionality? How do you save PS-Documents with 3D Modifications, without losing access?)
The People here, who are concerned about, that they lose the FULL ACCESS to their work/archive, are not stupid & and they know exactly that they will get dependend on Adobes Software forever.

The matter, that your files are still available isn´t satisfying, if you have no Software to use them.

So, presto, Ernesto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've got a problem with the way the system works, keep it to yourself, honestly.  Your opinions are narrow minded and poorly executed (read: terrible syntax).  The original post was about the difference between Creative Suite 6 and Creative Cloud, not about whether or not you're business is Adobe dependent.  If you are a business owner (which, in the country I live in at least, isn't very difficut to become) and your business model is completely attached to whether or not you have access to your layers, I'm sorry for your clients.  They don't care if you couldn't get into the layers, no matter how many tens of thousands of documents you produce (quality over quantity, I've always thought).  I've seen your other posts in this community and it's obvious you've got a real problem with the creative cloud.  Fine, no problem.  You want to whine to everyone about how much you hate it? Also fine.  But when someone asks a legitimate question, leave the answer to the professionals who can keep their biases out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poorly executed? May be. No native and still learning.
Not living in the country, where it´s easy to become a company owner.

So, keep cool... There will be the day I learned. I try my best.

The terrible syntax is mostly based on google translate..

Narrow minded? Hm, may be.

The difference between file access AFTER subscription only my problem?
Hm, hm, hm?

My business dependent on Adobes layers? Did I say/write that?
Upps.

And you think, I don´t have to care about these (my) layers? Hm.
And on the other hand telling me about Quality (which is better than quantity)?
May be I did something wrong till today.
And I have to be glad, that there still are clients...
Thank God.

If someone has a legitimate question...

And the answer has to come from professionals...

Sorry, I just thought, the staff-answer didn´t describe the differences between CS and CC completely. Thought, there is missing a bit & want to help.
But if you think it wasn´t necessary... And the difference between the both was perfectly and completely given, in a professional way, like you want,...

Then Sorry, ... excuse.

I don´t want to confuse with useless information...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think your information was useless. It makes sense to me as a graphic design professional of 25 years to be able to open all files in native format whenever I need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a little confused about the CS6 vs. CC software usage…I am a current Cloud subscriber, and I was using CS6. But it was my understanding that I'd be locked out of using CS6 software apps if I ended subscription…whether I had downloaded CS6 or CC versions. Am I incorrect in that assumption? Or do I actually have a fully functional forever CS6 app, even if I discontinue subscription to creative cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have ever purchased a perpetually licensed version of CS6 and have a valid CS6 serial number then you can use the non-Cloud CS6 forever, even if you discontinue your Cloud membership.

If you only have access to CS6 via the Cloud then when your membership expires (or is cancelled) then you will lose access to both the Cloud versions of CS6 and CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone... I understand everything that you are posting about the difference between CS6 and CC software, Adobe's subscription based system vs. the lifetime license.  But, there's a situation that I've had to face, being a freelance designer/service provider;  and I'm sure there are others that have the same situation.

Many times I've found myself with having to open files provided by a client that have been worked using CC programs and if I don't keep myself with the latest software available, then I can't work those files.  Also, there are some printing/service places that have a bit of a problem accepting designs if they are not worked using the Adobe CC software.  In other words, in order to keep working, I must keep myself updated with the latest Adobe software... or else, I might have to start rejecting work just because I can't open my client's documents and lose my client's trust because I've let myself become obsolete with old software.  So, I guess I have no choice but to go with the Adobe CC way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angelsoul,

you're right, to open native files created with the latest CC software you’ll have to have a CC subscription yourself.

However, always provide printing/service places with a high res (certified) pdf file instead of native CC files.

Oh yes, if you are a creative professional making money with Adobe’s software then indeed you have no choice but go with the Adobe flow.

Be smart and creative, you even can’t buy a daily bread for that price  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difference between CC and CS6 is when adobe services are down then you need to wait and your customers need to wait.
With CS6 you can work whenever you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by Adobe services.  The software is on your computer and you can use it anytime you want as long as your subscription is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. You're right. Absolutely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines