• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a prompt to delete old versions of updated applications?

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a prompt when new versions of applications are installed in your system to remove the old ones. I don't look in my Applications folder very often but when I just did I saw old versions for each of the applications. Will it just keep adding without notifying me? 

DavidHealy_0-1640890600549.png

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to keep old versions until I'm certain I'll never need them again. Adobe no longer provides access to pre-2020 versions.

Open Creative Cloud Desktop App. Click the 3 dots icon and select Uninstall.

Repeat for other unwanted versions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a couple of settings in the Creative Cloud desktop app that can be configurd to update to the latest versuon and remove your older apps. You can find the information about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html#Autoupdate?product=Creative%...

That sounds like what you are looking for.

Althougb I agree with @Nancy OShea  I would keep older versions (especially of InDesign pre-2021) around till you're sure you don't need them. Otherwise you'll need to contact Adobe to get a link to download an installer to get them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Yes I backed up the old apps before deleting the ones on my main system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines