• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is there a workaround the Case-sensative volumes not supported error 22

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a workaround the Case-sensative volumes not supported error 22? I do not want to reformat my OS drive and have to rebuild my whole system just to run my expensive Adobe products

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

I am sorry, Samuelt, but Adobe desktop applications have never supported case-sensitive file systems on Mac OS. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-case-sensitive-drives-supported.html for more information on updating the file system to a compatible format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Thank you for the update, Samuel! Please share your experience with others who may be setting up a new computer running macOS. Sometimes the computers are pre-configured with a case-sensitive file system. 

Apple's Disk utility referenced in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898 can verify the file system utilized and reformat the drive to a file system compatible with Adobe and other Mac applications. This process should be performed before running the Migration Assistant or applying any sy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can install the apps on another drive, but the cc desktop app has to be installed on the os drive.

<moved from cc services >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Great. I'll try that and let you know if that works out.   I really appreciate the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find the non-CC version of the software.  Is there a special place to download those?  When I try to load the apps that get downloaded via CC onto my Non-Case Sensitive external, I'm getting the same error?  Please advise.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no non-CC version of the apps. Nobody has ever reported finding a workaround for this. You could set up a new system with dual boot I guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@samuelt81691070 

there are files for cc apps, that don't require the cc desktop app, for installation, but then you lose the ability to specify installation location.  ie, you have to find a way to install the cc desktop app on your os drive.  then you can use one of the preference settings to specify a drive for cc app installation.

you can download the cc desktop app installation file using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

but how to get that installed on your computer i do not know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, Samuelt, but Adobe desktop applications have never supported case-sensitive file systems on Mac OS. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-case-sensitive-drives-supported.html for more information on updating the file system to a compatible format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, so I ended up just reformating the drive and rebuilding my system. Now without the case sensitive format I can use my Adobe products.  Not exactly the answer I wanted, but it was the answer.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@samuelt81691070 

thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update, Samuel! Please share your experience with others who may be setting up a new computer running macOS. Sometimes the computers are pre-configured with a case-sensitive file system. 

Apple's Disk utility referenced in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210898 can verify the file system utilized and reformat the drive to a file system compatible with Adobe and other Mac applications. This process should be performed before running the Migration Assistant or applying any system updates. 

For Apple Silicon computers, see https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/can-i-run-my-adobe-apps-on-apple-compute... for other helpful tips for running Adobe apps on the new Apple processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines