Issues Validating Serial # for CS6 License

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently re-installed CS6 onto my macbook pro. I am trying to validate my license & keep encountering errors. The first issue I had was that I kept receiving an error saying the computer was not online. I tried to do the validation offline which continusouly kept giving me a notice that my serial # was expired or invalid. I contacted adobe support who said there were no issues with my serial #. I removed the programs & reinstalled. Now when I open a program I am prompted to either do a 30 day trial or login to validate my license. When I try to login to validate my license I am sent in a continuous loop. I input my account login information, it asks me to verify, I enter the verifiation code, & then am sent back to the login screen. This happens until I eventually recieve an error message saying that my account is temporarily disabled due to security issues. I've had my account unlocked by adobe support but still no luck validating or loging in. I am running Mojave 10.14.6, so the operating system is not the issue. I am also able to login on the adobe website no problem & my CS6 is not in use by any devices currently. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, I understand that this is the 'older version'. Unfourtunately I spent thousands of dollars to own the rights to the license & I do not like the new version of illustrator. So I would like to continue use of the program that I have already spent a copious amount of money on & am comfortable/familiar in using.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLS 1.2 is now required to connect https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html
-http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Mac operating system?

Legacy Creative Suite cannot install much less run on Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey.  It's too old.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Mojave 10.14.6. CS6 is already installed on the computer. The issue is that my serial number is not being recognized as valid &  I'm unable to log into my adobe account to validate, as I've described in detail above. It is currently operating as if I'm on a 30 day trial without a license. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you hit the "License this Product?"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copying exert from original post:

"when I open a program I am prompted to either do a 30 day trial or login to validate my license. When I try to login to validate my license I am sent in a continuous loop. I input my account login information, it asks me to verify, I enter the verifiation code, & then am sent back to the login screen. This happens until I eventually recieve an error message saying that my account is temporarily disabled due to security issues. I've had my account unlocked by adobe support but still no luck validating or loging in."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also refer to this help article.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click the TLS links I provided to verify that you are able to communicate with the server?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines