• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest versions PS, LR and BR not compatible with my Mid 2012 Apple Mac Pro

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Creative Cloud subscription for PS, LR and BR for my Photography business. It occured that the latest upgrade isn't compatible with my Mac Pro Mid 2012 Computer with Mac OS Mojave 14,6. I cannot upgrade to Mac OS Catalina because my computerhardware isn't compatible for this OS.

I am afraid that when I cannot update these programs, I'm still paying for old programs with no future updates. Is it possible to maintain the old version PS 22.5.2 and LR 10.....for a indefinite period of time or does it stop here, because the programs are getting older and useless without any possibility for further updates? 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

you don't need to update your adobe programs.  you might want to update them if there's a new feature that you can't live without.

that can be contrasted with your os which not only lacks features of newer os'es, but more importantly has security issues.  

bottomline: if you can live with an old os, you should be able to live with old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

when that happens, make a decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't need to update your adobe programs.  you might want to update them if there's a new feature that you can't live without.

that can be contrasted with your os which not only lacks features of newer os'es, but more importantly has security issues.  

bottomline: if you can live with an old os, you should be able to live with old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current OS is still eligeable for security updates from Apple. I'm more afraid for PS issues when Adobe cannot provide any updates because of Software incompatibility versus OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when that happens, make a decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@erikw1956,

I'm still using a previous PS version because my graphics card is not good enough to support newer PS.  It's no problem for me.  It should be no problem for you.  

PS doesn't need security upgrades per se.  But your operating system and browsers do to protect you from Internet threats.  But that's a different matter. 

Also if you buy a new camera, you might need new software to support it.  But again, a different matter.  Older versions of Photoshop will continue to run just fine if you don't make any changes.

When you're ready to get  new equipment, make certain it meets the new system requirements to run CC + OS + all other apps you plan to use.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements. See links below.
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines