• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launch time for Creative Cloud will be TODAY at 8:00 PM PDT

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The statement above... has been provided via an on-line response to an Adobe representative.

Hopefully, the servers will stand strong for the influx in upgrading to all CC members! Fingers crossed!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 137 Replies 137
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They told me 8:00PM as well. Was really hoping that was a typo but it looks like that's the company line for now.

Norris: CC is expected to be released at 8PM PDT.

Shaun: Really? Any idea why so late in the day?

Norris: I am sorry we do not have information on that, however you can contact Customer Service Team for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on guys get real

It is not being released at 20:00 PDT

In true Adobe fashion their timezone is being renamed APT (Adobe Pacific Time) and that will be so flexible it will be whatever they want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In true Adobe fashion their timezone is being renamed APT (Adobe Pacific Time) and that will be so flexible it will be whatever they want.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to go to work now. I am really looking forward to the massive influx of emails I will see when I get home tonight. Especially since I should get home just prior to 8PM PDT. (Long day today.)

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no, no!

It is scheduled for release at 8pm AFT, (About F....ng Time), surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, yes, a nice ticking digital clock, wonder if they used AE for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8:00 pm PDT is 11:00 pm EDT. Just before midnight and June 18th. Okay, yes they are releasing on the 17th but this is a little disengenous - it would have been more honest to just say the 18th, and then people would be happy to get it at 12:01 am instead of upset that it's coming so late on the 17th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah! Easy on the "Adobe lied" accusations! Don't you think that if Adobe could it would have released CC at midnight Pacific last night? It is in Adobe's best interests, after all, to get CC out as soon as possible.

I don't know anything for sure, but the fact that Adobe hasn't yet released CC tends to indicate that there's a technical problem the company is working to solve--most likely not with CC itself but with the delivery mechanism.

Maybe a vendor Adobe relies on had a problem or couldn't deliver as promised? I'd bet Adobe had to buy or lease a lot more download servers to prepare for the massive download traffic the CC upgrade will undoubtedly cause. Maybe the hosting company had issues? Maybe the phone company that provides backbone connectivity to Adobe's hosting vendor has a downed line?

Maybe the guy in charge of turning on the CC download option was in a car accident on his way to work and is having trouble talking others through the procedure from his hospital bed.

There are any number of reasons that could cause a delay in the launch--none of them sinister. So, instead of vilifying Adobe and accusing the company of acting against its own interests to boot, have a little patience. Waiting an extra day might be a little inconvenient for some of us, but we can get through it like grown-ups, like professionals, without name calling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand - unless you have a time machine; 8pm PDT on 17th June 2013 has not arrived yet.

Patience. Patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pariah Burke wrote:

Maybe the guy in charge of turning on the CC download option was in a car accident on his way to work and is having trouble talking others through the procedure from his hospital bed.

I really hope your not a pisces cause someone might be in trouble here..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I am a Pisces--March 18th. Why? What does that have to do with what I wrote? I don't know much about astrology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey I'm Pisces too! Can I get I get pissed off as well?

Over here in the UK we have multitudinous ways of describing f..k-ups so this could be a long thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My assumption is that this will slow down the onslought to the servers.  Perhaps they are anticipating enough traffic to bring them down if released morning of the 17th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thread will be entertaining.

Lesson Learned

Adobe should have told us the 20th, we would have waited, then this would have been a surprise and I would not have been checking the Application Manager every 15 minutes since it turned June 17th in China.

All seems to be installing and working well, I am not a Pisces, but can I be just a little pissed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they tend to make comments that fortell the future, not realizing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. Huh. I didn't know about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are available Monday to Friday 1am PST to 8 pm PST for Live chat!

The above screen shot sums it up perfectly. Adobe have obviously timed the release for when no staff are available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was thinking as well!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pariah

Keep taking the Pisces

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign I paid earlier under the false assumtion I could download it (Thanks to Adobe Support).

They said for sure 11pm my time… sigh… How hard is it to coordinate your launches… or at least inform your customers honestly?

At the very least give us some information geeze…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annnnnnnnnnnd download begins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for those who've rescheduled other projects, this could be seriously frustrating, and no shame in the frustration.

Communication would have been all that was needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop assuming that I'm either mature or professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pariah Burke wrote:

Maybe a vendor Adobe relies on had a problem or couldn't deliver as promised? I'd bet Adobe had to buy or lease a lot more download servers to prepare for the massive download traffic the CC upgrade will undoubtedly cause.

I'm sure I read somewhere they are using Amazon's servers for downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines