• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launch time for Creative Cloud will be TODAY at 8:00 PM PDT

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The statement above... has been provided via an on-line response to an Adobe representative.

Hopefully, the servers will stand strong for the influx in upgrading to all CC members! Fingers crossed!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 137 Replies 137
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

I'm sure I read somewhere they are using Amazon's servers for downloads.

They do use Amazon (AWS) for the online storage service in Creative Cloud – but have always used their own servers for all software/trial downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What we are discussing are queries as to when this launch will happen. We have know for 6 weeks that the CC apps would be available mid June. Then 17th was 'official'. I'm looking at my watch and it's 19:11 and for those of u who don't use 24 hour clocks that's 7pm on the 17th of June.

So in all fareness to the loyal customers who have been forced to pay a monthly subscription fee which is just about acceptable, I expect to get my apps on the day the company has promised. We are talking Adobe here, we aren't talking about some half assed highly anticipated release of angry birds cc.

We are patient, we are sharing ideas so that Adobe can see what their customers want and are saying. Give us a time, and make damn sure u meet that deadline otherwise don't. 8pm seems a bit odd doesn't it? Or is that just to benefit those on PDT time? Hey how about a compromise? Midday, GMT. That way it actually does seem A bit logical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are based in Southern California, San Jose. That being said, I would agree it is an Odd time even for people in California - I was expecting to wake up and begin installation and be on my way today.

How come they didn't just have everything ready yesterday for a luanch today at 12am PST, or Midday, GMT? I don't think I like their planning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are based in Southern California, San Jose.

It will be 8:30 AM in Bangalore and Noida. The cities where Adobe India is located. Perfect time for all the calls regarding download and install problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

San Jose is not in Southern California.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they didnt want to work over the weekend before a huge launch of CC who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pariah Burke wrote:

> There are any number of reasons that could cause a delay in the launch--none of them sinister.

"No need to attribute to malice what can perfectly be explained by incompetence", eh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Jongware] wrote:

Pariah Burke wrote:

> There are any number of reasons that could cause a delay in the launch--none of them sinister.

"No need to attribute to malice what can perfectly be explained by incompetence", eh?

right on it JW...if it was ready, it would have been launched already, no need to tease customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8PM was probably chosen so that most people would download overnight instead of the middle of the working day. It makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes sense if you are in the same timezone. But if on the other hand myself am in another then the apps will be available at 6am on the 18th. I start work at 7am and I will hopefully at least have Ai ready by the time ive finished my coffee and bear in mind as stated before, the majority of World are getting their apps on the 18th NOT the 17th. Would have made more sense to release the apps on a Friday closing, let everybody download them over the weekend then deal with the customer care on the Monday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet the call centre folks in the Indian sub-sontinent are rubbing their hands with glee for all the overtime that they will be getting paid for from 20:00 APT

Or dreading it for all the extra time that they are going to have to work and not get paid for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That, or because their Technical Support end the work day at 8PMN PDT(PST)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the guy in charge of turning on the CC download option....

homerStartCC.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CarlosCanto wrote:

Maybe the guy in charge of turning on the CC download option....

homerStartCC.jpg

Hillarious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are starting somewhere... the homepage header changed to the creative cloud banner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the inchat guy told me 8pm pst, and the guy on the phone told me 6pm mst.. no one really knows at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud is available now.

Please Quit your existing Adobe Application Manager and re-launch it. It will update itself to the new Creative Cloud application and then you will see the CC apps for download.

In case you are a new user, go to creative.adobe.com and try downloading the apps from there and it will in turn download the new Creative cloud installer and install the desired apps.

Install the all new CC apps and check if that works fine.

Let us know in case any issues.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update did not pick up the plugins that I had installed on Photoshop CS6??

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone found the Cinema 4D Lite that is supposed ot part of After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we still don't have Creative Cloud Connect?  Seriously?  That's the reason I went with Creative Cloud 18 months ago.  Now I've blown $900 on this and still don't have the one feature that actually convinced me to use Creative Cloud over perpetual license.  Nice, guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael please see http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/major-update-to-adobe-creative-cloud-now-available/ for information regarding features which are currently available and the future of Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no kidding man. Seriously epic fail and where is that perpetual cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FierceWraps, you still have the perpetual version of CS6 available for purchase from adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think it would be easiest for both Adobe and its customers if they simply made an announcement in their news feed on the home page. 30 seconds of input, many questioning customers answered.

Making it so difficult to dig for a simple answer is either a reflection on lack of organization or a lack of focus on customer relations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind so much how late Adobe will release it.  The part I don't like is having to find out through a forum post from another user.  If they already have a time set, they could at least communicate it honestly with us paying customers.  Then we would know when to come back and check for the update, instead of checking every 30 minutes while their twitter and facebook ignore the issue, and just advertise the HOW design event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines