• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit on number of devices?

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded a trial version of Lightroom CC.  So far, I like it.  I do have one question.  Are there limits on the number of devices for one account?  I share my photos with my wife though we each make our own albums at times.  But we each have a laptop, an iPad, and an iPhone.  Will that be a problem?  I wouldn't think so if we share the user name and password.  But I want to be sure of this.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

If you purchased an individual plan for Creative Cloud, you can install the software on two computers. However, you can use it on only one computer at any given time. To install Creative Cloud on a third computer, you must deactivate the apps on one of the first two computers.

Creative Cloud activation and sign-in troubleshooting

Quote taken from this link.

So your answer is "for one account" - No limit to the number of Installations (can be >2). Limit of TWO activated at any one time. Limit of ON

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased an individual plan for Creative Cloud, you can install the software on two computers. However, you can use it on only one computer at any given time. To install Creative Cloud on a third computer, you must deactivate the apps on one of the first two computers.

Creative Cloud activation and sign-in troubleshooting

Quote taken from this link.

So your answer is "for one account" - No limit to the number of Installations (can be >2). Limit of TWO activated at any one time. Limit of ONE 'in use' at any one time.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Creative Cloud

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have Creative Cloud installed on 3 computers- work, home, and laptop. However, while I am able to sign into CC on the third machine and download software, I cannot launch said software unless I sign out of one of the other two machines. The 2-computer limit is stupid and outdated, EVERYONE who is using this kind of software has at least these three computers in their regular workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Shanon. I have several computers and while I do mainly use one for the processing, the others are connected to different equipments and I have to deactivate/reactivate them alternatively... which of course require an internet connexion. It's really unpractical if you go off grid for shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, nothng has changed since 2017.

Unlimited number of Installs, TWO maximum Activations (Sign-ins).

If you are going "off grid" with one computer/laptop, I suggest that, on this computer, a day or so before you travel, [Sign-Out] then [Sign In]. This resets the Activation 'clock' to give you the maximum time working offline without the internet.

Offline grace period Creative Cloud

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the limit of two is ?!%&*&. Since you can only use one at a time making the limit three or even four does not impact Adobe. But then adobe has always been user unfriendly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The limit of two 'Activations' means "Signed In" with two systems. You can always "Sign Out" of one system if you want to "Sign In" on a third, or fourth system with installed apps.

I suspect that Adobe take the view that the majority of people with a subscription might own a Desktop and a Laptop (thus the two activations).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William26731317y0e9, you couldn't be more incorrect on this point.  adobe's working policy is extraordinarily forgiving on this issue.

you can install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud on as many computers as you own and use it to install all (or some, if you want) of your cc subscription programs.

the only (insignificant for internet-connected computers) limitation is that you can sign-in (and therefore start your adobe programs) on, at most, two computers at any one time.

because you can sign out from either (or both) signed-in computers using a 3rd computer, this could not (imo) be easier. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html

in addition, once you're signed in and open the programs you want to use on that computer , you can then sign out of that computer (using any computer with internet access), and continue to use those programs for 30 to 100 days depending on your subscription type.

and even the internet-connected restriction, is easy to work with.  for any computer that's going to be offline for 30 to 100 days, open your adobe programs while you have internet access, minimize your programs and then go offline.  you can continue to use your programs during your travels with no connectivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again Adobe through its employees that spin the truth use the word insignificant to describe a limitation that has no purpose but which DOES limit its use. The user must deactivate one of the two machines to “activate” a “third” internet connected computer. This makes no sense. Why a $20/hr employee would monitor these threads and spin the truth is something I'll never understand.

Do your research. Try it yourself see how "easy" it isn't.

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William26731317y0e9, you're incorrect again, but you apparently are not educable on this point.  (and you're wrong about me being an adobe employee.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several instances in which "extraordinarily forgiving" would be the exact opposite of what I experience opening any Adobe app from my devices (iMac, MacMini, 2 Mac laptops, 1 PC laptop, + mobile devices). 
Regardless, I strongly think this whole limitation is now obsolete and having to find workarounds is crippling. What is the point of pushing to use Cloud services and access them from anywhere if "anywhere" bears so little sense? 
And this limitation is not even stopping piracy by any stretch of the imagination. It's only frustrating for users and should be way looser if not scrapped entirely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@fabienb, theses are user forums. if you think adobe should hear you opinion, for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines