• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Creative Cloud in Canadian Dollars | Taking Steps to Fight Adobe

Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all of my fellow Canadian Creative Cloud users, I'd like to start a new discussion about our struggle to get change and action from Adobe to allow a Canadian Dollar option when purchasing or renewing Creative Cloud subscriptions.

As of you know well by now, Adobe charges Canadians in USD for CC subscriptions. This is clearly unfair, especially when the Canadian dollar is so low next to the US dollar. This has been the trend now for several years and this makes purchasing or renewing CC an expensive and ever-changing cost each year. Of course Adobe has no control over currency exchange rates, but what Adobe does have the power to do is offer their products in Canadian dollars.

The reason is very clear as to why they don't offer a CAD option. Someone would have to pay the exchange. They would clearly loose money on those subscriptions if they offered Canadians the advertised rate in our currency. They pass that cost onto us. So, instead Adobe will give vague excuses like "we don't have offices in Canada" or "The Canadian government won't let us". This is all corporate talk BS. Think about how many American-based companies that offer e-commerce in the local currency of the customer regardless of the country they live in. Adobe could do the same, but choose not to.

It is important to bring this up: In a world where any online users have access to illegally obtain any piece of software they want, some still choose to buy their software. But, when faced with the dilemma of choosing between a massive rich corporation nickel-and-diming users to get every penny out of them, or, doing a Google search for torrents, the problem becomes worse. I believe that many Canadians would rather buy their software the honest way, but it is becoming more hard to support Adobe. I've actually never been so appalled by the lack of reasoning or customer service before by any company. Ever.

I want people to continue to call, chat support, or message Adobe on social media and voice your discontent with their decisions. Feel free to share what customer service agents tell you - compare notes. I want to do everything I can to escalate our claim and try my damned hardest to get a hold of an actual human being who I can actually send an email to or call to get some real answers. I will not back down, nor should you. This is worth the fight - it is abundantly clear that Adobe has shown no respect to it's Canadian customers.

Let's stand together and tell Adobe to start respecting it's Canadian customers.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 UPDATE: According to my most recent correspondence with Adobe on September 4, 2019, adding support for the Canadian dollar to their online store has been pushed to 2020. While this is very frustrating, it is also not that surprising given Adobe’s history with this issue. As we draw near to 2020, this has been an ongoing issue for about 7 years now.

If this is important to you, I urge you to call Adobe today at 1-800-585-0774 and insist on 12 months of promotional pricing (US$29.99/month) in lieu of Adobe’s continued refusal to support the Canadian dollar. Your efforts could save you over 40% on Adobe Creative Cloud this year.

If you are still in the middle of your annual billing cycle, Adobe can start a new billing cycle at the promotional rate and refund you the difference still remaining on your previous billing cycle. There should be no penalties or extra fees. When you call Adobe, you may have to wait on hold or request a callback (it took Adobe 2h30m to call me back). Adobe reps may tell you that they can only offer 1-2 free months, but I was able to secure promotional pricing for 12 months on all apps (US$29.99/month, versus $52.99/month). If you pay all 12 months at once, then you will only have to suffer the currency exchange once, instead of every month.

Offering minimal discounts to unhappy customers is a standard tactic of most call centres. Keep pressing and escalating this issue. If the first rep you speak to isn’t cooperating, then insist to speak with their supervisor. If that doesn’t work, then call back and speak with someone else. It may take time, but your efforts could save you over 40% on Creative Cloud this year. Depending on where you live, that could mean an extra $400 in your pocket.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019 UPDATE: I would like to post an update on this issue, but Adobe's new forum is marking my post as spam. For a complete history of my interactions with Adobe on this issue, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rant-adobe-why-cant-canadians-pay-canadian-dollars-products-karst/?tr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

I love all the hard work you have put behind this.

I'm a new subscriber and SHOCKED to see we're being charged HST in USD. How does that make any sense? Are they remitting CRA the HST at the USD CAD exchange rate of that day?

This is a brutal hit.. Do I claim the Income Tax Credit on the HST at the 13% of the charge on my credit card? The fact that they charge HST should make them register their system for CAD. I didn't calculate for this exchange issue every month when I subscribed. I have plenty of other options out there and chose Adobe due to the name. Now I know their not the most honest company 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @manneredfinance for your feedback. Keep in mind that as the Canadian Dollar weakens against the US Dollar in the age of COVID-19, Adobe is now raking it in on its Canadian customers. Adobe may not have changed their rates for US customers, but Canadian customers are paying progressively more each month than they initially signed up for. Again, through no fault of our own and purely due to Adobe’s arrogance, laziness and refusal to allow us to pay using our own currency.

As of today (April 3, 2020), Adobe is advertising a promotional rate of US$39.99/mo for Creative Cloud (all apps) which apparently ends today. They’ve raised their promotional rate from the fall when it was only US$29.99/mo. For Canadians, that’s now CA$63.91/mo (13% HST incl.) for the promotional rate. The regularly advertised rate is US$52.99/mo — or CA$84.69/mo (13% HST incl.) for those of us in Canada.

Your best bet, *IF YOU MUST* pay for Creative Cloud for your business, is to pay for the full year in advance and demand promotional pricing in lieu of how Adobe is behaving. At least you only suffer the currency conversion once a year instead of twelve times a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am willing to run an office in Canada for Adobe, to handle all the payments in Canadian dollars, for the 4% the average credit card takes in currency fees. I will be willing to even hedge the currency for Adobe if they need that.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines