• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] No perpetual licenses are you serious?

Explorer ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just head that Adobe was planning to abandon its perpetual license in favor of an on line only rental program. At first I thought that this must be a joke. I have been using adobe products for 18 years. Primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. I am currently an owner of CS 6 Master collection and obviously do upgrade my products and have consistently done so over the years. I am not connected to the internet full time and in fact my work computer is never directly connected to the internet. So how does this work? Is adobe now forcing me to connect to the internet - it seems that this is the case.

In regards to upgrade cycles, I dont want to rent my software and be tied to a rental agreement. I want to upgrade when I choose, not rent my software like some kind of loaner program!

I want to purchase the software then not worry about it. For instance when I travel, I dont want to be bogged down with downloads and upgrades chewing up my bandwidth. I have traveled to many places where internet access is very limited. Downloading from a wireless card in China is painful, I dont want to be bogged down with no software or large megabyte downloads costing me a fortune on the other side of the planet.

Adobe I know that I am just one person and you will probably not listen to me but did someone ask? No one asked me about this. How simple could this be - I want to buy the software then use it when I want where I want, is this too much to ask?

Please let me continue to use this software in the way that I have used it for so long. If others wish to have the creative cloud then great! More power to them, don't alienate your other users. Please provide both alternatives.

Best regards - Matt

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 1886 Replies 1886
Enthusiast ,
Oct 13, 2013 Oct 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought CC subscriptions were only about 300,000.

When CS6 had a optional subscription they had around 700,000 sign up.

Now that it is no longer an option Adobe has not even gotten half a million to rent their software.

They certainly can't be making money that way and how soon will they be forced to raise the rental fee to what? How many will stay in it then? Or what will they cut? More programers, and increasingly bug ridden software that never gets fixed? It is bad enough the way it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree and my concern is that Adobe will never get CC stable if they are continually changing it.  I usually wait for a while before purchasing the latest release for them to work out the bugs.  CS6 is usable for my needs but it was not when it was first released.  Adobe it's time to fire your CEO, do a mea culpa, and get back into the business of creating great software and serving your customers needs not just your stock holders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StormMarc wrote:

I have to agree and my concern is that Adobe will never get CC stable if they are continually changing it.  I usually wait for a while before purchasing the latest release for them to work out the bugs.  CS6 is usable for my needs but it was not when it was first released.  Adobe it's time to fire your CEO, do a mea culpa, and get back into the business of creating great software and serving your customers needs not just your stock holders. 

Seems like Adobe is big enough now they shouldn't need to borrow money. Or at least they were before making the "CC only" blunder. They should think about phasing out the share holders if the only thing those guys want is never ending profit increases in the company.

It should be perfectly fine to make a fixed profit every year and not be expected to double, triple, or quadrouple your profits year over year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email that MycCoalescence had posted a big long message about his general impression of CC around his college, but it links to a page that says the message has been deleted, and seems his previous message that I replied to is gone as well as my reply appear to be gone from here as well. Did Adobe delete it for some reason? Maybe the forums have crashed and lost message for the last few days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MycCoalescence named a printing chain yesterday. Although it wasn't in a promotional context, maybe that's why both of their posts have been removed? I hope that's the only reason. Can a moderator explain, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or perhaps it's because he mentions other products as viable alternatives to Adobe's? It's funny that the company does not reply to any of the posts saying "don't subscribe to the cloud" or "get out of the cloud" but removes any mention of a competitive product. You don't like Creative Cloud? Buy my older product (while you still can)! But don't you dare turn your back on me! Well... Actually, it's more like Adobe is turning its back to the people who supported it for some 25 years.

I miss Chuck Geschke! What happened to Adobe? What happened to the freedom of choice he advocated? Forcing the rent-a-software model down our throat by removing perpetual licencing will not work. Because, yes, there are alternatives.

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think those posts were removed because he was posting the same message on tens of threads. The message itself was truthful but at least I got annoyed by seeing it repeated everywhere. So this time moderators were right in removing those posts.

By the way, I tried to use AE CS6 for a project today. It was crashing every 5 minutes. Maybe it was my fault for daring to even try the raytraced 3d feature. I eventually went back to my copy of CS4. That one is rock solid. For the 3d-stuff, I'm now using Blender. What happened to AE in recent versions? I used to be able to trust that software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get rock solid performance with CS6 on both my 2008 Mac Pro and HP Z820. I dont waste my time with raytracing in AE but instead use Cinema 4D wihich is much more capable in the 3D realm.

Sounds like you might have computer related issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasvideo, the problem is indeed computer related: it's because AE is crashing my graphics card. But here's why it's also AE-related: no other program than AE CS6 is crashing the card. Not Blender, not earlier versions of After Effects.. ..all the other programs work just fine with my GTX-285. And yes I have updated both the drivers and AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your card on the list of approved ones for use with AE ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasvideo, yes indeed, it's even one of those "cuda" cards Adobe listed when Mercury playback engine was introduced..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's unfair and insultive to say that anyone who has happened to signup for the subscription model is "stupid". That is an unreasonable statement and not reflective of the concept of "choice" that people are using as the platform for their argument against what Adobe has done here.

If as Creative Professionals you value "choice"and I sincerely believe you do, then you don't have the right to demean your comrades in the industry for their choices. Particuarly since those choices may be perfectly valid and reasonable given their position and how it differs from yours.

Creative Cloud may not favor your situation your business or your finanaces and may not suit your needs. But it's arrogant to presume that is true for all Creative Professionals. If it is advantageous for somone to use Creative Cloud then they should, and it doesn't mean they are stupid or driniking the "Adobe Koolaid" (disclaimer no offense is meant to anyone by using the word Koolaid).

For example, in my case I don't care about having a perpetual license for the simple fact that my Youtube Channel makes more than the value of my Creative Cloud Subscription, Web Hosting and all of my other online monthly billed services. So from a business standpoint all I did was add Creative Cloud to the pot of online monthly services that come out of my "Passive Income Streams" like Youtube, Adsense, Apple, Envato etc.

Based on my business model I get to leverage the latest version of Adobe Software, the cost against it comes out of money I would have if I wake up and do absolutely nothing... So does this mean that I'm a "Stupid Adobe Troll"? No it means rather than complain about something which was a valid business decision, I turned it into a profitable business opportunity...

Now I can add Adobe CC tutorials, reviews, articles, walk throughs etc to the list of things that make me passive income on top of the CS6 versions I've already done. And I can still produce CS6 versions for the people who still want to those.  Also can repackage CC version of template files to sell in the online marketplace etc.

I realize that not everyone is in this position, but as Creative Professionals there is no reason you can't be in this position very easily.

So you don't use all the applications? Why not? Have you downlaoded a trial and seen if you like it and how easy it is to watch some tutorials and pick up something new? A lot of my friends who are Photo Purist have transitioned into video through Creative Cloud and foud their inner Videographer. In fact a friend I introduced into video production though Creative Cloud last year is shooting a Fashion show with me this weekend, and opportunity and money he wouldn't have had on the table without Creative Cloud giving him access to all the tools affordably. Do you think he is going to miss the $50 this month? No.

For the problems Creatives solve on a regular basis I can't believe $50/mo and lack of the idea of "ownership" is a problem most haven't figured out for themsevles yet.  The problems (valid problems) with Creative Cloud are also something that can be solved, and the tone of moaning in this forum is not the way to accomplish anything more than comisserating.

I know a brother/sister team that just split their cost on Creative Cloud and have been doing successful with it. But they never could have afforded to buy Master Collection upfront even with a student discount

The truth is Creative Cloud is only a "problem" for those of us who are "established" and set in our ways. For folks starting in this industry, for the Creatives of the "future", its an opportunity that woud have been denied to them otherwise. I care about this because my younger siblings and personal students belong to that future, and obviously because I turned it into an opportunity rather than a liability, whch required a little creative thinking on my part.

So my challenge to others on this thread are, other than threatening Adobe, learning other software that won't impress most people on a resume as much, and whining about changes that will never come because there is no reason to make them...
What can people actually do to make this work for themselves? How can people turn Creative Cloud into an asset instead of a headache? What are ways to actually solve the problem on our end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well let me answer some of those points you raise.

I think it's unfair and insultive to say that anyone who has happened to signup for the subscription model is "stupid". That is an unreasonable statement and not reflective of the concept of "choice" that people are using as the platform for their argument against what Adobe has done here.

What word would you use when you saw someone sacrifice their long term benefits for a short term gain? Imagine someone who had the money to buy a car, rented the car instead. With a price that will equal the buying price in three years. And a contract that makes no guarantees not to raise the price. In this car example, would you call that a wise decision? Do you think it's generally a "wise" move to put yourself at the mercy of a large corporation? If you do that, then fine, I wish you luck and end the discussion right there.

If as Creative Professionals you value "choice"and I sincerely believe you do, then you don't have the right to demean your comrades in the industry for their choices. Particularly since those choices may be perfectly valid and reasonable given their position and how it differs from yours.

Oh indeed! Which is why it's strange that you are not fighting to have more choice. I would be happy to have CC and CS both as a choice. I am pro choice. Seems like you are the one happy with only one option.

Creative Cloud may not favor your situation your business or your finanaces and may not suit your needs. But it's arrogant to presume that is true for all Creative Professionals. If it is advantageous for somone to use Creative Cloud then they should, and it doesn't mean they are stupid or driniking the "Adobe Koolaid" (disclaimer no offense is meant to anyone by using the word Koolaid).

Sure, let's not presume that. CC is indeed great for former pirates and those who are just starting up in the industry. With the exception of students, the deal is awfully bad for the students compared to the CS deal they got.

For example, in my case I don't care about having a perpetual license for the simple fact that my Youtube Channel makes more than the value of my Creative Cloud Subscription, Web Hosting and all of my other online monthly billed services. So from a business standpoint all I did was add Creative Cloud to the pot of online monthly services that come out of my "Passive Income Streams" like Youtube, Adsense, Apple, Envato etc.

Using the same reasoning you could buy pretty much any crap you want. Just because you can afford something, doesn't make it a necessary or smart buy. Please enlighten me, what features of CC are absolutely essential for creating your Youtube channel content?

So my challenge to others on this thread are, other than threatening Adobe, learning other software that won't impress most people on a resume as much, and whining about changes that will never come because there is no reason to make them...

What can people actually do to make this work for themselves? How can people turn Creative Cloud into an asset instead of a headache? What are ways to actually solve the problem on our end?

Yes let's all just be happy and sing songs together. No matter what Adobe does to us. Eternal slavery... la-la-la-la-la... 2.9 million stolen credit cards, la-la-la-la. Buggy software... la-la-la-la! Let's stop all this whining and just praise Adobe for it's greatness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes let's all just be happy and sing songs together. No matter what Adobe does to us. Eternal slavery... la-la-la-la-la... 2.9 million stolen credit cards, la-la-la-la. Buggy software... la-la-la-la! Let's stop all this whining and just praise Adobe for it's greatness!

This is funny! And spot-on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not trying to be argumentative but I think you are doing the points I raised and injustice, I want to have a meaningful conversation.

You made a point about renting a car vs. buying. In your point you made an assumpition, you automatically went to the sipulation someone had the money to buy a car outright. In that case the choice of vehicle they get is limited by the cash they have on hand, so many/most people actually finanace/ rent to own their car with a monthly payment, and those who are wealthy often lease their vehicles so they can always have the latest model and avoid covering much of the maintance themseles. The Adobe CC model is more akin to leasing than renting based on your analogy, which is the practice of many who could easily afford to buy the vehicle of their choice outright.

You make a point about long term gain, and I like your thought process, but I feel its an oversimplification, I hope your not offended by that. Let me elaborate, the reason it is not straightforward is because there are other factors. For example, Adobe InDesign CS6 is 32bit vs CC which is 64bit. In print publishing when dealing with larger multipage documents this can be a huge performance difference and a trade off in time and productivity, which can translate very easily into quite a bit of money. log

To use the car analogy if you buy a  $5000 2006 used car cash, but have to spend $1200/yr over 3-4 years on repairs repairs you've spend nearly $10K on a car that is a bit older than less than what you want. If you had went into a carnote of $200/mo  on a 2010 model over the same period of time you get a warrarnty, some free oil changes and spend roughly the same amount for a better experience.

You're not at the mercy of a large corporation anymore than your own clients are at your mercy as a vendor in my view. There are other services we all use montly. Are we at the mercy of our internet and phone providers (it cetrainly feels that way sometimes, sure), I don't disagree with you entirely on that point, but I feel its a larger argument referencing 1984 that we are likely on the same side of if we don't agree on everything about, that I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on outside of this forum.

Your other point, "Im the only one happy with the one option". Its not a matter of "happy" so much as practicality. I don't think Adobe could be leveraged into chaning their business practices anymore than Apple could from consumer outcry, we never got Flash back into Apple products from it, Tmobile never caved on giving back free tethering. So I just don't think its a fight that is productive use of energy.

I also understand from another perspective that the choise is also somewhat ideologically based within a cultural shift in Adobe, part of this has to do with conversations I've had with people who work closely with Adobe at other companies and from articles and interviews with various people in the industry. It's part of a much bigger picture and I think it hits the tone of this forum. Its a matter of what people value that puts them on one side of a conflict or the other. What I value is what puts me in favor overall of Creative Cloud and that also has to do with the fact I have not negatively been impacted by it. "From Anikin's point of view Adobe is evil..."

"Using the same reasoning you could buy pretty much any crap you want. Just because you can afford something, doesn't make it a necessary or smart buy. Please enlighten me, what features of CC are absolutely essential for creating your Youtube channel content?"

Essential is not the word I would use. Convenient is. In truth anyone using Apple products understands this point. So in this thread that point is almost moot but I will entertain it anyway. I could just as easily (and laptop wise I do) do the same work on a Windows Machine as Mac. So why pay extra for a Mac? (Don't everyone in thread jump in at once here).
But fine. Firstly because I can do screen cast demonstrating the new features in each Adobe CC product, it means I can produce more content subject matter wise with little effort. It also means that I can do VS videos detailing the difference advantages and pitfalls of both versions, more content.

This videos have a high SEO value and are in demand and each individual video that I do in this vien tends to make $15/video in its first month only taking 45mins to produce each individual video tops (reduced from a longer time period due to some improvements in Premiere Pro CC that effect my particular editing workflow.) And obviously since the videos stay online they can make more money as they grow in popularity. They also contribute to stickyness on blogging sites, which with Google Adsense also means more money. So a better faster video production workflow that saves time could be argued to be "Essential" but I just find it convenient.

InDesign CC being 64bit actually makes my printwork go a bit faster when I have do posters (which is quite lucrative), those time savings let me do other things. Opportuntiy cost.

AfterEffects CC has a lot of improvements that are too numerous to list but the obvious one is Cinema4D lite, which I'm enjoying a bit and will be a large part of my future After Effects videos, and saves me the time of working in another application and having to import into AfterEffects.

Illustrator and Flash CC have nothing new for me that I use. I love Illustrator but CS6 is fine for this app since that was its upgrade to 64bit. Convenience and a better workflow and user experience is worth the money as I'm sure anyone here owning a Mac or iPhone can attest to...

"Yes let's all just be happy and sing songs together. No matter what Adobe does to us. Eternal slavery... la-la-la-la-la... 2.9 million stolen credit cards, la-la-la-la. Buggy software... la-la-la-la! Let's stop all this whining and just praise Adobe for it's greatness!,

Moving on profiting and remaining positive despite shifts and changes in the industry or even your own personal situation is a sign of strenght and character, I wouldn't make light of it. Eternal Slavery... I thouht we were talking about software not Marriage, Adobe does deserver praise for its accomplishments. I'm  not saying its without its flaws. But I don't have a hardware or software vendor or service provider that I couldn't makes some complaint about at some level.

Adobe products allow me to do the work I need to do. CC allows me to do somethings more convenietly than I could otherwise, and the workflow is faster and more intuitive than I have experienced with alternatives, many of which I own and have perpetua license for. And incidently I do still have a few miscelaneous standalone Adobe product licences incluidng one for InDesign CS6. So do I feel trapped by Adobe? No. I didn't put myself in a position to.

If the cost is the issue I think we've covered at length that its a simple enough problem to solve. If the relationship or slavery is the issue, its a relation ship you already have with every monthly or yearly service provider you have. Most of us pay more than that for our cable for mere entertainment, so from that perspective I have a hard time rationally not writing it off as a non-issue for something that can potentially make you money.

I understand that my words probably haven't swayed many of you. Thats fine. But I wanted to make several points. Your choice was based on whats right for you. If you expect people to respect your choices, you can't be insultive or dismissive about other people's choices if they have a rational basis and they've explained their reasons to you. Obviously if they've made the choice arbitrarily they've opened themselves up for citicism. I sincerely doubt that most Creative Cloud users made their choice without thinking, anymore of those of you not in favor of it did.

Creatives are some of the most intelligent people making up the world, if we can't respectfully disagree with one another without insults and belittling, the world may as well burn. We have enough people out there to devalue us without doing it ourselves.

Its not only students and bootleggers that benefit by the way. As I pointed out, my friend Jon, who was a photoshop and lightroom user, paid user by the way, expanded his business through the Creative Cloud without the up front risk of investment, since he had to invest that money in a few new leneses later moving over to the video production side, it was a wise business decision for him to grow his business and make more money.

So you will have to forgive me for not hoping on the Bash Brothers Band Wagon, but I can't rationalize that anymore than I could side with the people who hate constantly one Apple, Samsung or Nikon when my product experience with them has been consistently good and profitable, on top of the fact there are reasonable solutions to most of the negative scenarios in dealing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RobertoBlake wrote:

You made a point about renting a car vs. buying. In your point you made an assumpition, you automatically went to the sipulation someone had the money to buy a car outright. In that case the choice of vehicle they get is limited by the cash they have on hand, so many/most people actually finanace/ rent to own their car with a monthly payment, and those who are wealthy often lease their vehicles so they can always have the latest model and avoid covering much of the maintance themseles. The Adobe CC model is more akin to leasing than renting based on your analogy, which is the practice of many who could easily afford to buy the vehicle of their choice outright.

I think the "buy" verses "lease" is the best analogy to what Adobe is doing. If car manufacturers suddenly decided that the only way to use their cars were to lease it, there would be a lot of angry people. And given Adobe's near monopoly position, it really is more like 50% of all car companies moving to lease only.

Of course there are plenty of people who can afford and also prefer to lease a car and always have the latest and greatest. But there are a lot more who will buy the car outright and keep it for 10 years. The primary reason is price. It's a lot cheaper to buy a $30,000 car and keep it for 10 years (even with repairs) than to pay roughly $100,000 during the same 10 year period on a lease. I'm sure car manufacturers would certainly like the extra $70,000 over the next 10 years, but that doesn't make it right to make lease the only option.

There are even a lot of people who could afford the $100,000 over 10 years, but aren't concerned as much about having the latest and greatest. They would rather keep the car pay for a few repairs and spend that extra $60,000 on something else. Maybe a second or even a third car.

In the software world, lets say you spend 35 hours a week in a 3D modeling software and just 5 hours a week in Adobe's software making minor touch-ups. Such a user might justify leasing his 3D modeling software in order to have the latest and greatest features without the upfront cost. This user might only upgrade his Adobe suite ever other version or even longer if his computer continued to work fine.

BUT, he would be angry if Adobe suddently told him he could now only lease the software at 2-3 times the price (over time). It's fully in Adobe's right to jack up their pricing if they want (essentially what the CC is doing). But it's also fully in the customer's right to complain and stop using Adobe.

All of this backlash toward Adobe wouldn't be happening if Adobe had kept both options on the table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with you on this point Jones. And that is why I want to have meaningful dialouge rather than continue ineffecive backlash. In my case I found a way not be hindered by an option leaving the table. In any given situation you have to account for the possibility that things will change.

How do we help people adjust or adapt if they could benefit from CC. If the old option was on the table, I could see many of our comrades talking about (and some actually do) the benefits from CC vs CS6 versions. The aversion seems to be cost/choice. The choice factor isn't likely to change, so what can we do about cost?

What can we do to help our comrades firgure out how to get the latest features without breaking their bank account?
One suggestion I've put out before is, don't upgrade but get a subscription under a different email account.

You see this way, you are not giving up the freedoms that your current perpetual license gives you, but you also have an opportunity to benefit from using the latest software, its just a matter of affording the subscription at that point, right?

What about splitting the cost of the subscription with a family member that uses a part of the Suite that you don't, or would like to? You mostly use the print suite while they use the video or web stuff?

What kind of creative solutions can we come up with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Did I just understand correctly that if you use your old email address and upgrade to CC, Adobe removes your old CS6 license? And do you get that licence back if you stop using CC?

If this is really true then couldn't you basically destroy your CS6 Master Collection license just by trying CC for some months? Haha, say it ain't so Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

Lets assume that if the current CC was available as a perpetual licensed CS7 which would probably cost £2600 in the UK for the Master Collection and I use it for the next ten years. 

If I then upgrade every 18 months at £400 per upgrade as the products are updated then in 10 years I would have paid another 6 x £400 = £2400

That makes a total of £5000 over ten years

In the UK the CC costs £46.88 so in ten years I would pay £5625.60

Now that is £625 or c$1000 more that the CC would cost against a CS upgrade path, ergo Adobe is screwing you the CCers and yet you have your heads so far up your cloud that the sun is shining

Col

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jbjones wrote:

All of this backlash toward Adobe wouldn't be happening if Adobe had kept both options on the table.

That's right. Spot on. It would have been that easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is £625 or c$1000 more that the CC would cost against a CS upgrade path, ergo Adobe is screwing you the CCers and yet you have your heads so far up your cloud that the sun is shining

Col

And on top of that the CCers get the added bonus of never being able to open their projects again if they ever stop subscribing.  What a DEAL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RobertoBlake wrote:

What kind of creative solutions can we come up with?

Easy. Best creative solution = Edius.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Did I just understand correctly that if you use your old email address and upgrade to CC, Adobe removes your old CS6 license?

I don't believe that's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim I really hope so!

Just wondering why RobertoBlake wrote:

One suggestion I've put out before is, don't upgrade but get a subscription under a different email account.

You see this way, you are not giving up the freedoms that your current perpetual license gives you, but you also have an opportunity to benefit from using the latest software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on top of that the CCers get the added bonus of never being able to open their projects again if they ever stop subscribing.  What a DEAL!

This is the scariest part of the  whole (bad) deal, and the mail reason why I also will avoid the Cloud. If it looks like a shite, smells like a shite, chances are it's a shite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines