• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LogTransport2 Update problems...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to update many apps from my cc app,... then i get the message: close LogTransport2,... so i don't know how to close it... -mac OsX Mavericks-

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

I was finally able to update Premiere after opting out of the Product Improvement Program then restarting my computer. I'm using an iMac with a Fusion drive, and I've read in other forums that machines with SSD and flash storage are having issues with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try

1. Help > Adobe Product Improvement Program
  2. Click Do Not Participate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which application's help menu are you referring to? I didn't see that option in Creative Cloud Updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see now that it is an option in the help menu of each individual app that will not update. I clicked "do not participate" in Premiere Pro CC, closed the app, retried the update, and I'm am still getting the LogTransport2 error at 66% through the update.

Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 10.16.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well.  Need solution please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to update Premiere after opting out of the Product Improvement Program then restarting my computer. I'm using an iMac with a Fusion drive, and I've read in other forums that machines with SSD and flash storage are having issues with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome - thank you!  I will give that a shot and report back with my experience as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the solution for Mac (I'm running a 2009 Mac Pro, so no SSD drives and still had problem):

1. Open Terminal and type the command "top" (no quotations)
  2. It'll list all your processes running, look for LogTransport2 and note it's PID and hit "Q" to exit
  3. Type "kill PID" (obviously replace PID with the number - and without quotation marks)
  4. If top command won't work in step one, try "ps -e" or "ps -A" for a list of processes running, otherwise you're all set!
  5. Retry the update, you should have success!

Hope this helps everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running a brand new iMac 27" and your solution worked flawlessly. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Worked immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much! this works great now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, djhaas! I'm on a 2009 iMac and it worked like a dream, during the update and without restarting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks djaas.  That worked for me too.  Even though terminal responded that it couldn't find the process or command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! I love when people have the right solution. Worked for me 4.0! Adobe needs to fix this however. Thanks dj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terminal solution worked like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I had tried ps... and did not find it there. "top" worked a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Opened the Activity Monitor, found the LogTransport2 process, double clicked it, then force quit. The update continued without any more errors.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect -- thanks EofAJ! Terminal "top" didn't show LogTransport2 running, but the Activity Monitor did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem on a Win 7 box. Had to open the Prelude and opt out of the Software Improvement Program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - on a late 2009 Mac Mini Intel Core Duo OSX 10.9. Used Activity Monitor to search for LogTransport2 - then used the Quit Process command under the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that quitting the process through the activity montior worked best for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way is probably to open the Activity Monitor (Mac), Tasks Manager (PC) and force the LogTransport process to quit 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem when updating an application with Mac OS X running with this message in the Adobe CC App: »close LogTransport2«. Starting the activity monitor but no process with this name is shown also in Terminal. Strange! Any further ideas? Thanky a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines