Mac operating system too old....

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe tells me my mac operating system is too old to download photoshop, even though I am paying for it through the Creative Cloud programme, has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know if there´s an older version of hotoshop available to download? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Since you have not indicated what your system specs are it has to be assumed that your machine is not meeting the requirements for the software.  If that is the case then there is not much you can do except try before you buy the next time. 

Photoshop - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Download previous versions of Adobe Creative applications -

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have not indicated what your system specs are it has to be assumed that your machine is not meeting the requirements for the software.  If that is the case then there is not much you can do except try before you buy the next time. 

Photoshop - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Download previous versions of Adobe Creative applications -

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking time to answer Ned, I was actually very rushed when I wrote this so of course didn't have time to mention my system, I am running snow leopard on an older mac, which actually means that my current system software cannot run the latest Photoshop CC, (yes it would have been advisable to check if my software was compatible first, thankyou for making this clear, but, as a fine artist rather than computer savvy graphic designer, I didn't check) this was something I just assumed would be made clearer by Adobe, when first ordering the available package. I'm sure I'm not the first person this has happened to.

Luckily I found another thread (similar to the one you've highlighted above, but not yours) which explained how after downloading the CREATIVE CLOUD APP, that you can actually search for OLDER versions of the software which are available to download, so all was solved in the end.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geraldine.
so glad to see your post. I'm wondering could you please send me the link that explains how to download prior versions of adobe subscriptions for okder computers unable to be updated? 
blackbirdphotos@gmail.com

Thank you,

kristi 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe no longer offer older versions. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
express Get Adobe Express free

Easily make social graphics, flyers, logos, and more from thousands of free templates.

Open on the web
Free to use, no download required