Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC OS 7 Errors!

Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lion on my mac and have tried to reinstall CS4 Creative Suite, I get Error 2, the installation fails for Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Help!! I have searched and cannot find an answer. T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It would greatly help if you check the installation log > (library> application support > adobe > installers) so that it would give you an idea on which part is it failing and it may narrow down the search for possible causes.

Although CS4 is not really tested on Lion you can also apply this article : http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407695.html

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job on the link to the support document Acrwil16!

Frustrated MAC for CS4 you will want to look at /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/.  Also once you view the log you will want to do a search on the words "Fatal" or "Error" to help you locate the applicable error.  Finally the most recent error messages will be at the end of the file as it is appended to each time you run through the installation process.

Once you have the error mesage you can search on Adobe.com and it should bring up the applicable document related to the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check it, all I get is the application name and error under it, like

Fireworks CS4

Error:

Error 2.

Flash CS4

Error:

Error 2.

Illustrator CS4

Error:

Error 2.

Photoshop CS4

Error:

Error 2.

All the other applications I can launch, but when I got to launch the above 4, I get CS4 can’t open because Power PC app no longer supported.

What am I missing?

TG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the name of the log file which you opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines