• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS 11.0 (a.k.a.High Sierra) compatibility?

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone participate in Apple’s beta testing for High Sierra? Did you experience any conflicts with Adobe’s apps?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 and earlier are very likely to have problems Apple gives notice legacy Final Cut Studio apps dead in OS High Sierra

As far as anything else, Beta test people are usually not allowed to comment until they are released from any NDA they signed (NDA = Non-Disclosure Agreement)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I’m speaking specifically of the Creative Cloud apps. I should have been explicit.

The GM of High Sierra was released today. I assume it’s okay for former testers to share their experiences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT UPDATE GPU doesnt work in illustrator and indesign

Illustrator solve by disabling GPU Indesign still remains unusable with glitches crashes and cursor problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the warning, fx.

Was this discovery something you alone experienced, or did others report it as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a confirmed bug at least people with Macbook pro 2016 touchbar we tested 5 different machines the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a compatibility issue with multi-cam in Adobe Premiere Pro in High Sierra. Premiere Pro crashes immediately when you try to use multi-cam editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All helpful answers, folks. Thanks for the cautions. I’ll postpone upgrading until either company addresses the incompatibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Pro DC constantly crashes on me since updating the High Sierra (2012 15" Macbook Pro). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom suggests users wait for a new driver.

Wacom Driver for 10.13 High Sierra

Apple has released 10.13 High Sierra on September 25th. Wacom is currently working on a new driver update to support the new operating system. The new Wacom driver will be ready by late October at the latest. Due to nature of the changes in High Sierra, the existing Wacom driver for 10.12 will not work. To continue to use your tablet uninterrupted, Wacom suggests not to upgrade to 10.13 until the new driver is released. Once released the update will appear in the Wacom Desktop Center and posted on the Wacom driver page found here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded High Sierra even though I probably shouldn’t have. Premiere Pro CC 2017 lags significantly and freezes entirely when my MBP (late ‘13) is hooked to an external monitor. Today I went to export a project and it crashed the app every time. PP also crashes when you try to render anything in the timeline. Tried turning off graphics switching, no help.  I copied the project to another MBP (late ‘12 non Retina) that is running OSX Yosemite and CC 2017 and the project rendered and exported with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup same here. Supper choppy playback in Premiere Pro CC 2017 on Mac OS High Sierra...I shouldn't have upgraded...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe Adobe should just have done their work. instead of participating in the beta testing, they did: nothing - as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

There was a cursor issue with InDesign on High Sierra. Apple just released a supplemental update that resolves the cursor issue. Please check out the link mentioned below.

Apple releases macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update with bug fixes for Adobe InDesign, Mail

https://9to5mac.com/2017/10/05/apple-releases-supplementary-update-for-macos-high-sierra-w ith-vario...

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if this fix addresses all the issues with the CC product line, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro DC?

I'm not updating until I know the Adobe products are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me neither. Can't risk it. Need to be sure of the compatibility issue with Creative Cloud AND Suitcase Fusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this? Holding our till I can confirm that indesign and photoshop are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. All three are working now with High Sierra. Still need to update Acrobat.

For those of you who haven't updated to High Sierra yet... the installation process is very buggy and mind-numbingly slow. The installation kept freezing and after 3 attempts I had to erase and reformat my computer, then install High Sierra. That worked but it literally took me 5 hours to go through this whole process. Don't jump in until you read up on installation. Wish I had stayed at Sierra.

UPDATE on Acrobat DC... No update was available. Had to uninstall, then reinstall for it to work. It is very slow to launch, but it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

after searching a bit, downgrading to Sierra was kinda easy. But putting back the back-up is shit cuz time-machine was made with High Sierra (that kinda bull shit). So putting back files in phases...

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having some serious problems the moment i upgraded to high sierra - some serious crashes along with long load times and occasional time-outs where i lose the cursor to the wheel of death for 10 - 15 seconds at a time. Thought updating my adobe cloud would help, but no change. I'm about to downgrade back to sierra.

imac 5k, 27-inch, late 2015

OS v.10.13.2

premiere : v.12.0.0 (build 224)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did this last night, Mac OS High Sierra (latest update) with Adobe CS6 (latest updated) and all works fine on a 2012 imac with 16gb Ram and SSD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines