• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Creative Cloud products available on Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring CC to Linux. As a paying customer, I think I deserve rights to run it on any operating system I want. Please?!?!

Taken from: Eric Park on Twitter: "@Adobe please bring CC to Linux. As a paying customer, I think I deserve righ...

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. Why should I be forced to use unstable systems to use this great product? A Linux port would flourish in the creative community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Ubuntu support for Adobe CC. Adobe CC is the only production application I am not able to run on Linux. As such, we use different products, but would prefer to be able to keep using Adobe. We would prefer to NOT find another graphics company, but are actively looking for other creative production vendors since Adobe CC does not support Linux. Please support Linux ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more. There is absolutely no reason why Adobe couldn't support an Ubuntu-based version of Adobe CC, as far as I can see. At the very least, please finish migrating to an entirely browser-based set-up... that way we can continue to use your products in an OS-agnostic way. At the moment, those of us who use Linux (whether for ideological reasons or out of practical necessity) are left in the cold, using cumbersome and inelegant workarounds just to keep working with Adobe products. The fact that many of us are willing to do that is a testament to the quality of Adobe products... nevertheless, the Linux user base is ignored at the company's peril. We may be forced to jump ship at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe products are the only one that is keeping us from not moving our studio to Linux. I'm still bewildered why it hasn't happened yet. We use a ton of different software for our productions and they all support Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is crazy to see that a multi-billion dollar corporation can not support the creative community. Many of us who create videos and photos use linux and the user base is growing rapidly due to flavors like Ubuntu, Mint, and Elementary offering such a wonderful user experience. A Linux port seems like a no-brainer for future proofing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many have said, Adobe products are the only thing keeping people tethered to Windows.  You would actually GAIN a lot of new customers if you did this.  It's just mind-boggling that this hasn't been done yet.

Maybe you have a special relationship with Microsoft or Apple, I don't know, but as I said in the other thread, it'd be great if Adobe opened up.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I agree, a Linux version would be awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given microsoft now documents all your activity on windows our entire shop has to move away from microsoft to maintain our ip on developing products. Rather then have most of the shop linux and two mac users because they need adobe it would be nice to maintain a linux only shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worth noting as of Fedora 28 most popular flavours of linux now support 3rd party non-open source programs like steam, nvidia native drivers etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linux version please... We're in 2018 and it's about time for a port of CC to Linux. This is the only thing I need to make the switch. As a web dev, Windows isn't a good option and OSX is becoming a real nightmare/money pit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's not like it would be difficult to do so.. There is already a Mac version which is Unix based, so probably 70% of the work is already done...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah please. This is the only reason why I have still windows on my notebook and this sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be fantastic idea!

I work with many creatives and many of them are thorn between non-expandable Macs Pro and hideous Windows 10, focused on portable devices and entertainment neglecting professional workstations. Linux would be a perfect solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - If it were not for CC, I would never boot up my Windows OS. Please do this soon......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe.

If you can do Android (which IS Linux) - please do the same for main linux world. Follow the Steam example if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see adobe products on Linux. The only reason I use Windows (switching to Mac soon) is because I for Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair its not like adobe would be the first...

DaVinci Resolve runs quite well on ubuntu and Fedora which could be a replacement for everything except After Effects.

Autodesk Flame has a linux version for Centos which I am starting to use more often to get away from windows. Have to learn a new product though but this can do almost everything but run my favourite pluggiins from After Effects.

Been using adobe products since 2003 and not really looking forward to switching, but we are ditching Windows so may not have a choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I am yet another who dual boots Windows only to use Adobe CC, please Adobe, what are you not listening? Can you comment and give us a state of play?  Are there any plans, or not?  I think you should at least let us know, or should we consider your silence deafening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree if Adobe can make Adobe CC product available for Linux, especially Ubuntu is a great thing. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC would be nice to have on Ubuntu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make Adobe CC run on the Linux OS!

To use Adobe CC, my current option is to go to the community college that I am enrolled in and take a Photography class that allows me access to Adobe Creative Cloud on their iMac. My linux computer is 3 years old and I want to buy another Intel i5 laptop, run linux, and Adobe CC. Since I cannot run Adobe CC on linux in 2018, I may buy a Chromebook. I am NEVER running Windows 10 and an iMac is too expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an editor, motion graphics designer and filmmaker, and I've been using Adobe CS5 and up on Mac OS for the past 6 years.

Adobe's workflow and programs are extremely helpful and versatile, but given that we creators have to choose between hardware that is unstable, inefficient, or simply without significant upgrades (Macs, Pro towers to be exact) or software that is notorious for being bloated and prone to crashing (Windows), at least having the option of a third place to run AND PAY FOR Adobe CC would be ideal.

Even if Adobe chose to support one distro, I know I'd greatly appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linux Please!

I am a die hard adobe fan, i just left apple and I really dislike windows. really looking forward to liberation of linux based adobe cc, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the only reason I have not switched completely. It is getting frustrating to choose to stay on Windows on my work computer simply because Adobe does not care about their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines