• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Creative Cloud products available on Linux

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring CC to Linux. As a paying customer, I think I deserve rights to run it on any operating system I want. Please?!?!

Taken from: Eric Park on Twitter: "@Adobe please bring CC to Linux. As a paying customer, I think I deserve righ...

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been hearing that Windows is going to change to "Desktop as a service" and this will be a monthly subscription.  I wasn't exactly over the moon when Adobe went this route, I'm afraid I will not be using Windows if this happens and as a consequence will cease to be an Adobe customer.

It's my hope that many users will switch to Linux when Windows implements DaaS and Adobe finally make their software available to Linux users.

I'm not holding my breath though and suspect that Microsoft will offer Adobe some sort of incentive to keep their software away from Linux.  Either way, when this happens, I'm off. 

In anticipation, I am now starting work on Open Source Photography Workflows. When I've worked something out, I plan to post tutorials on Social Media. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. I am a professional video editor who is currently finding more limitations in my hardware than my software. I will see what Apple announces for their new Mac Pro but I already expect to be able to achieve much better value by building a Linux system, so this is where I am leaning. For my own use, I will happily switch to Davinci/Fusion to for editing and graphics if needed (access to hardware value is worth the effort of learning new software). But I rely on CC for many collaborative projects too. Being able to run these on the same Linux machine is a big deal. I am leaning toward taking my professional services to the Linux platform, whether I take Adobe with me is sort of up to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe adobe is lagging too far behind and another company is going to make a cohesive group of apps on Linux. Corel could do it. They already have amazing software, and honestly some of their features already are superior to adobe's. If Corel made a Linux suite I would drop Adobe immediately and buy it. At this point I'm not sure if i even want Adobe at all considering how little interest they have in the satisfaction of their customers. Has anyone here suffered their horrible phone support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness... imagine what we could do with the power (and affordability...) of PC hardware, but without the overhead of Windows.

Minimal Linux with Adobe CC? Yes please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Valve announced today a beta of Steam Play, a new compatibility layer for Linux, to provide compatibility with a wide range of Windows-only games.

[...]

The announcement today spells out in full what the company has developed. At its heart is a customized, modified version of the WINE Windows-on-Linux compatibility layer named Proton. Compatibility with Direct3D graphics is provided by vkd3d, an implementation of Direct3D 12 that uses Vulkan for high performance, and DXVK, a Vulkan implementation of Direct3D 11.

Source

TLDR : Valve run game for Windows on Linux with a modified WINE version for the new beta of Steam Play.

If Valve can port Windows games to Linux, there's no way Adobe can't do it with the Adobe CC. Seriously I don't care if you support only Ubuntu or whatever, people want it on Linux. I think it's time to acknowledge that.

So please, come up front and give us something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason i still use windows is creative cloud... i will ditch windows the day creative cloud comes for linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this idea. I only use windows for adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more! Please make all CC products for Linux. Paying customers WANT this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only software that locks me on macosx, with a linux support, adios Apple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Valve can do it, You Adobe can do it too! Please add support for Linux!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Linux support! So I don't have to Google anymore how to do it myself somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes please please please!!! Windows and Mac have both become privacy problematic and I want to switch to Linux full time. the Adobe suite is the only reason why I still am using windows. I am researching how I might move over to Linux without my adobe suite subscription. I am all for keeping my sub with adobe please review the kernel and give us a release of photoshop, premier pro, after effect, Arcobat, and illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that the Adobe applications is reason that keeps many users on windows! I pay for the subscription, but I'm forced to use a virtual machine or a mac to use adobe applications. I want to use best apps on best os. We need Adobe CC for linux, firstly photoshop & lightroom, and then other apps!

If you are not ready to port the CC packages to linux, make at least some of the applications are compatible with wine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 12 computers in my house. I have run Linux ONLY on my best machines for over a decade, and love it.

However, I had to switch to Windows (PAIN) just to get Adobe.

Adobe, make a Linux version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing which keeps me on windows is adobe. windows has so many problems like it uses so much ram/cpu out of no where which then lags/stutters programs with Linux on the other hand it wont, it would run butter smooth since Linux don't hog the hardware. I know for a fact that if adobe would support Linux a lot of Linux servers would probably have some type adobe product installed especially Photoshop.

Please support Linux even if it means using wine as a compatibility layer, that's fine as long as it works everybody would be happy .

Pretty please Adobe :3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth while to link this thread in other creative spaces. I'm sure many students, teachers, workers, and creators would benefit from this. Imagine not having to pay for windows anymore, albeit Microsoft is doing an alright job as of late, Adobe being on their high horse is more annoying to me than Windows.

Adobe, let me give a solid estimate of the user base you're essentially ignoring. Based on Canonical's estimated Ubuntu Desktop users, there are at least 25 Million Users of Ubuntu Desktop (Probably more, but let's be conservative). Let's say half of those users will want Adobe CC, I think that's reasonable seeing as you're currently the industry leader, that's 12.5 Million subscribers, even if they only did the bear minimum $20/mo that's still $250 Million a month. It's not like it would be terribly difficult, you've already got it running on Apple software, which runs a Unix like OS (albeit botched Unix).

And guess what, Ubuntu (Linux in general, really) is only going to grow more, it's free, powerful, fast, and with Ubuntu 18.04, almost criminally easy to use. You, Adobe, could even speed up this transition, if you made your products available to Linux, Schools could cancel their Microsoft contracts and switch to Linux, saving the school money, and buying more Adobe. Maybe not as individual schools, but as a whole, the education industry would suddenly be able to  afford the extra cost of Adobe on way more computers.

As it stands, you've given no valid reason for the lack of Linux support, if you're worried about the fragmented Linux market, too late, you're on Android. You can't say it's a security issue, as your own servers likely run on Linux. Pirating will happen no matter what you do, that's no reason to shove off 12.5 million customers who will pay you to do this. With no valid reason to go off of, most are just going to assume that you have a contract with Apple and Microsoft which prevents you from doing so. In that case, it's pretty scummy, and will only hurt you in the long run. If you're not going to give us what we want, then we deserve a valid explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You summed that up great! Plus Valve has jumped into this market more then I would ever thought they would have and just them alone has increased the Linux users base by a very big %, now if adobe did this my guess is that the % would be maybe 2x or more bigger of an increase in the Linux user base from people moving from apple + windows. Adobe staff if your reading this here is my contribution I highly recommend to target Ubuntu if you did that you would pretty much have supported a HUGE % of the market already just alone since there is a lot of Distros which piggyback Ubuntu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the compliment, another thing could be that they're afraid of competing with the open source market. But I doubt that as most of those programs are available on windows too. At this point I'm trying to come up with a good reason not to do Adobe Linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 word, 5 letters. LINUX.

Honestly just wrap it in a wine container, that'll satisfy a lot of people for minimal effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or if they would use the source code to make a snap container for Adobe. Snap is the future of Linux. It would be easier than you would think since they already have a unix version for Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a public high school Arts teacher looking to extend the life of hardware and upgradability, we need Adobe for linux!  Right to Repair is a BIG deal for those of us who can't or don't want to replace machines all the time.  We use our old 2007 and 2008 Mac Pro towers with Ubuntu LTS server for our raid network drives.  They live on!  We just can't afford Apple's premium or their in network repair costs, and Linux allows us the flexibility we need.  Switching away from Adobe is not an option, but we need another hardware/OS option.  Right to Repair + Adobe sounds pretty good...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only using windows because of CC otherwise it would have been a full linux machine. Its time to re-evaluate the strategy. What was the linux desktop user base 10 years ago and what is it now ? if CC is made available how will switch from those premuim apple machines they paid through their nose to get into linux. Think adobe, look at the number yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoting this. It's infuriating that people have been asking for this for over a year and a half, and Adobe hasn't addressed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone from Adobe at least comment on whether you are considering it. It seems like people have been asking for 10 years and no response other than "Sorry, not available".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT NEWS!!!

adobe is talking to us!

go to the link blow and vote for Linux support and leave a comment

Yes, please support Linux. This would be a huge milestone. Thanks... – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines