Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Collection CS6 installation

Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PC with 64 GB of RAM, an i7 vPro 8850H processor and Windows 11 Pro 64 bit OS, version 23H2 which had Master Collection CS6 completely installed; after having reinstalled the same OS 23H2, completely deleting the previous one, now I can no longer reinstall Master Collection CS6, because the same PC does not restart, only the HP logo appears and that's it and if I want to restart it I am forced to use the last image system that I created and to delete the CS6 installation; I have thousands of documents created with Master Collection CS6 and others to do and I need CS6 to be reinstalled as soon as possible otherwise I'm in trouble; Is there anyone who can give me advice or help? Thanks for your attention.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 or Windows 11
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

NOTE I have 4 very old IGT Slot games that I installed on Win11 (32bit x86 mode)
I did not have to select a compatibility mode or run as Admin... Win11 just accepted them
So in my experience Microsoft has done a very good job with backwards compatibility
Program EXE dated 10-07-2015 Game of the Gods
Program EXE dated 03-06-2012 Diamond Galaxy
Program EXE dated 11-18-2011 Lucky Larry
Program EXE dated 08-04-2010 Wolf Run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why can't you reinstall cs6?  are you seeing an excess activation count message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your attention.

I apologize to John T Smith and kglad for not having written before that I tried to install CS6 in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and 8 and as administrator and that after the installation I updated all the programs before rebooting, but unfortunately the problem comes later with the restart of the PC which fails and does not restart the OS; this morning after the fourth, or fifth time I tried to reinstall CS6 in the last month, my PC couldn't even show the blue screen that shows the PC recovery options in case of failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't restart your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if I am incomplete in my communications, but my problem is precisely the PC that does not restart after I installed CS6, after I updated all the CS6 applications and after I registered CS6, entering the verification code received from Adobe to email; everything seems fine except for a couple of drivers with the .sys extension, but the PC doesn't restart. Thanks for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if I am incomplete in my communications, but my problem is precisely the PC that does not restart after I installed CS6, after I updated all the CS6 applications and after I registered CS6, entering the verification code received from Adobe to email; everything seems fine except for a couple of drivers with the .sys extension, but the PC doesn't restart. Thanks for your attention.

By @Deleted User

If your computer is not restarting, this is a PC issue. But if you cannot deactivate your CS6 before repairing or replacing your broken computer then you have another issue because if you are out of activations for CS6 there is no way to reset them and you will need to subscribe to the newer Creative Cloud to continue with your work.

First issue would be to resolve why your computer is not working. Unfortunately much like Adobe with end of life software, I am certain your manufacturer will not be able to help you, so you may want to explore Windows communities to search for solutions. Then if you can get into your Adobe software deactivate your software so you leave open the possibility of moving your activation to another computer. At that point I would recommend evaluating a PC upgrade and CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for intervening on my problem. My CS6 has only been on two PCs so far; I scrapped the first one, but I renamed the second one, the one I'm using now, that is, it has already had two names and this could make Adobe think that I'm activating a third license on my CS6 which instead only allows two; for this reason I would like to know how I could deactivate my first activation of the CS6, the one on the scrapped PC; so that I would fall within the limit of two activations foreseen for my CS6 and this could perhaps be the solution to my problem. Thanks for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by "i renamed an installation"?  or do you mean you renamed a pc, which isn't relevant to this discussion.

adobe activations are linked to hardware, not software (eg, os'es) or names assigned by users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User 

back up your data

reformat your os drive

reinstall your os

restore your data

install cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>know how I could deactivate my first activation of the CS6, the one on the scrapped PC

You can't, and as of about 2 months ago Adobe stopped resetting activation counts to allow more installs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, it's all very interesting, but I also think I have something interesting to write, because today I managed to reinstall CS6 on Windows 11 Pro 64 bit version 23H2, disabling Windows Defender as much as possible and restarting my PC; but I have already noticed a big problem for my workflow, because Photoshop Extended cannot save files with transparent background and I would like to know why. Thanks for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize to the Community because my Photoshop Extended saves files with transparent background on my desktop; so the problem that it does not save them on my external hard drive must be something to do with permissions; even though I installed and ran it as administrator; maybe I need to share the external hard drive with myself. Thanks for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User 

were you able to activate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the question, because with the different activations that I had to do for my CS6 I had never had problems until today, not even with the latest activation system via smartphone that requires entering the code sent with the Adobe message; today for the first time the Adobe Application Manager installation and update program does not work, it does not show any barcode and what's more, it crashes and does not close, to close it I have to use Windows Task Manager as an administrator; the last activation of my CS6 with the barcode and the smartphone seems to have been done on 06/16/2024 and it went well; the reason why in the last 90 days I have been doing so many activations of my CS6 is that I had to reinstall Windows 11 Pro more than once and the CS6 several times another ten, or maybe more because even if my PC restarted the first few times, I could not save files on a transparent background and I believed that this depended on the failed installation and so I uninstalled and reinstalled CS6 continuously; I also tried with a new account, because the old one with the first activation of CS6 has disappeared inexplicably, to enter the serial number of my CS6, but I receive the message that the product is already in use and therefore if I can't do a new activation my CS6 will block in 6 days and everything I've done so far will have been useless. Thanks for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try an offlline activation:

disconnect the installed computer from the internet

Launch the product.

At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.

Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.

Write down the Request Code.

Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.

Click Offline Activation.

Sign in with your Adobe ID.

Enter your Request code and click Generate.

Write down the Response code.

Switch back to the offline computer.

Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/serial-number-validation-launching-cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines