• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate content from one account to another

Advisor ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an account that belongs to my employee, but it's used by me. They are closing down and will not be renewing the CC plan. Now that I'm changing work places I need to migrate all the content I have on that plan to a new plan that my new employee have. The content is mostly generic and I will utilize it in future work as well. All the shared files in my CC workplace. All the library files, the shared prototype files, the design specs, the Adobe fonts that I have cherry picked and activated etc. So how do I do that?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean you're using your employer's CC plan and you're changing jobs.  Is that correct?

I think you need to contact Customer Care and ask  if you can transfer your employer's plan to a personal plan for yourself.

Contact Customer Care

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe needs to offer flexibility for all people that have the need to migrate content from one plan to another, cause it doesn't seem like it's well adjusted for freelancers and modern day environments. There's heaps of situations where transferring content from one plan to another is necessary. Not just my case where I need to migrate content from one plan administrated by a former employer to another. I know fellow designers that collaborates on many projects and need to transfer assets between accounts. As it is right now the "cloud" is very static and not suited for flexible and spontaneous workflows. If I want some transparency in my way of work now I really don't see Adobe CC as a solution but a hinder. I'm forced to think local and tactile. As in portable hard drives and avoid cloud services such as Adobe CC, cause I'm stuck already and I don't think I'm willing to risk the next operation cause I already see situations coming where I need to use someone else CC plan as collaborator, but if my work is going to be trapped so to speak I must consider different solutions. Like prototyping with InVision and sharing my specs and prototypes on Zeplin for instance, then I could back up that code and still be able to continuous working on the same material in later projects. Adobe CC lacks a type of "cross-account flow" or seamless thinking. It seems too locked and static for our type of workflow. Can't see myself going forward with Adobe if I can't export my work and utilize it independently cross accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the problem is: who pays for the account is the owner of the data...

As an employer I would not be happy for an employee walking away with my data.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course everything is cleared with the account holder. My point here is what I wrote in my former post. Please read it. This is a real issue for many designers. The way of work fluctuates and lack of CC migration support is driving us away from using cloud services such as Adobe CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perrybrus  wrote

Of course everything is cleared with the account holder.

But that's not Adobe's issue! Adobe needs to protect his customers...

I know the problem well, because I tried to change ownership on some files in the cloud and that does not work out simply because there is no method doing this.

In your case, best would be to change the Adobe d of your account to the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's common these days that an employer offers freelance designers to work on their CC account as contributors OR simply establish an account on THEIR budget and under their administration, that doesn't mean they want to exclusively own anything. I'm always in sync with my employers that way and discuss this in advance as I'm establishing the design project. They have no issue with that. This is not very different from when I'm a collaborator on a string of prototypes on a project within Invision. The thing is I can take graphics and assets with me from Invision and utilize them further in other projects, but with CC I'm stuck as described in my former post. This really is a big issue as more and more designers are in this type of workflow and Adobe should introduce more flexibility into their cloud system in order to cater for the actual way of work. I think Adobe should look into a type of migration support. I can't see it working for real life environments without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's OK, but as a freelancer your employer should pay you for using yourexperience and tools...

Any how, there is no easy solution that fits all situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a freelancer I own my tools and I own the work I produce.

If my employer pays for my tools, salary and pension, etc... the work I do for them is their property.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

As a freelancer I own my tools and I own the work I produce.

It's more complicated than that. If I hire you as a freelancer, the contract with you will be such that I will own the work, even if you own the tools. The difference between a freelancer and an employee is the contract that I make with you. As a freelancer, you get hired for doing a job and when the job is done, you move on to the next (or you do several jobs in parallel if that is possible).

As a company I'm buying experience and time that I do not need regularly.

As I'm not working as a freelancer, I get a salary and in exchange I put my experience at my companies disposal. In addition my company pays for all kinds of extra stuff (that they either deduct from my salary or that they pay in addition to my salary). My company finds the next job to do for me when I'm finished with one (well may be that's also part of my job...). If there is no follow-up job to do, they need to fire me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a free-lancer, you would still own your work. Even if someone else pays your subscription. 
If I use a rented lawn mower to cut my grass, my garden (yard in the US) doesn't then become the property of the person who owns the lawnmower.

Adobe need to make it so you can transfer your fonts and libraries from one account to another. It's silly to think it's not ok. My colour pallettes don't belong to the person for whom I made a leaflet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually on a Teams/Enterprise plan, it depends on the employee's contract with their employer as to who owns what. 

Adobe has no direct relationship with the employee.  Their contact is with the employer who pays for the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use a rented lawn mower to cut my grass, my garden (yard in the US) doesn't then become the property of the person who owns the lawnmower.

By @PoppiesBlooming

But if you rent a lawnmower to cut somebody else's grass, they still own the grass after you are done mowing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@perrybrusSeems like no one is really answering your question. I may be late, but this may work: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/move-assets-across-profiles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines