• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing archive? Photoshop Elements 9

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already purchased photoshop elements 9 and can see it in my account when I log on to Adobe.  There is a link to download it onto my new Windows 11 desktop PC, but when I open the .exe file I receive an error message saying ---------------------------
Adobe
---------------------------
The file archive part of Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 is missing. You need all parts in the same folder in order to extract Adobe Photoshop Elements 9. Please download all parts.
---------------------------
I'm not sure to which file(s) this error message refers or why the download does not work?  Please help.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here:

https://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-9-premiere-elements-9-direct-download-links.html

I'll recommend to save the download files on an USB stick, hard drive or CD/DVD, but it isn't sure how long these links are available.  
Many thanks to jim @ prodesigntools.com 

BTW: Photoshop Elements 9 is 12 year old program and not compatible with newer operating system. It's possibile that it doesn't run with Window 11. And it doesn't support the RAW files of newer cameras.

I think you should change to the actual version.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are two files needed for windows' installs.  the installer and the archive (7z).  you need both.

when you start your install, use compatibility mode, win 7.

and you need your serial number and then you need to hope you can still activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best option, get newer software that's compatible with new computers.  12 year old dicontinued software is obsolete.  It's unlikely to work well on Windows 11 even if do get it installed & activated. 

Photoshop Elements 2023
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your comments.  I had also contacted Adobe technical team who sent me links for the .EXE file and the .7Z file and told me to load into the same folder before installing. I downloaded them, apparently successfully, and had to restart the PC so changes could be effected, which I did.  Unfortunately, the restart caused Windows 11 to fail to reboot.  Even after turning off and on again, it still fell over on reboot.  So I repeatedly pressed F12 during a reboot and got to a recovery program that allowed me to return the PC to factory condition which I did successfully.  However, All of the apps and updates that I had previously installed were removed, so I spent a pleasant afternoon re-installing everything - except Photoshop.  It is a salutary lesson to learn that old software may not be compatible with a new OS!  However, my PC is running well again now. 

Thanks again for all your comments. Much appreciated.  I hope this script may prevent someone else having a similar experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dr Jack Taylor 

sorry that occurred and i'm not sure adobe's old software would do that, but if i were you i wouldn't take a chance.  that is a situation where i think @Nancy OShea's advice may be the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines