• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monthly plan with no annual commitment

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to subscribe, but given today's times I would prefer to not be tied into a commitment that I cannot afford to pay cancellation fee's of. Is there a no commitment subscription?

TOPICS
Feature request , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is, but it is much more expensive in the long-term. For instance, the full suite is ~$27/mo more to not commit to a year term. There is also an option to pre-pay the year up front.  But unfortunately those are your only options for the Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben,

Pretty much what I thought. Alternatives it is then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really depends on how you plan to use the software, and how long you'll need it. The month-to-month option can be a better choice, depending on your term of use or need for flexibility... The breakeven point is about six months of use; analysis here:

Creative Cloud Annual vs. Monthly Plan: Which Should You Choose?

Although, as noted by John, not all plans offer a Monthly (month-to-month) option, so it varies based on product subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOME programs are available Monthly https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Being-charged-for-a-full-year-when-i-m-on-month-to-month/... - links and pictures
-the special Photography Plan is ONLY available on an annual plan, with monthly or 1 annual payment
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/manage-cc-individual-membership.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware!!! I signed up for monthly payments to an annual subscription and Adobe tried to make me pay £100 cancellation fee after using the software for jsut one month. They do not make it clear AT ALL when you sign up that there will be a cancellation fee nor as to how much it would be. No other software subscription does this. It's absolutely absurd. The first person I spoke to about this had exactly the same experience with Adobe. Sort this out Adobe - you can't rope people into a year's worth of monthly payments with just a couple of clicks. It costs you absolutely nothing to cancel someone's subscription - it's a vertiable scam! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you pay? is there another way around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mikey28042479w92c 

what situation are you in?  eg, you signed-up for an annual plan and after ? days/weeks/months you want to cancel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes- i accidentally signed up to an annual pla by mistake and now im being
charged a lot to leave.
This is very cruel to people who are struggling to survive.
Nowhere do they mention anything about huge costs to leave.

Really sad.
I was shocked to see Adobe doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe's charge for breaking a one year contract is 1/2 of what it costs to stay in the plan, so it's hardly a huge charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i found a way to get around this! There is a loophole i can exploit.

Adobe are a SATANIC company. They enjoy charging people from poorer backgrounds and hiding their true motives.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what loophole did you exploit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yo how to get out of this I thought it was just one month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I downgraded plan and then was able to cancel. Scammy sh*t, as per usual for adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Thomas272906097kh3 

it is clear that you're signing up for a one year commitment IF you subscribe to the lower cost annual plan.  but yes, it could be even clearer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just trying to edit a pdf and didn't even realize I was being billed monthly till I saw it on my card, it's not clear at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sandy28288988a5k2 

appeal to adobe support. they can be understanding.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines