• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving older applications (CS6 Master suite) to a newer/bigger drive

Participant ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to fit a newer/bigger SSD on my Mac to use for system OS and applications only, can I simply just clone my existing drive or use the Apple migration assistant to transfer everything over for me?

If I remember correctly, isn’t registration linked to the drive itself? Do I need to uninstall everything first and then reinstall everything on the new drive?

128GB drive, 75GB used and 53GB available, so not sure if it's worth the hassle or not. Still a fair amount of space left as all docs, pics, music etc. all live on other drives. If it ain’t broke an all that!!!

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no and no.

you'll need to reinstall cs6 onto a computer with a compatible os.  for that you'll need the installation files and serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the new drive would be going on the existing machine, it would just be an upgrade in its capacity really. Yes I have all the necessary applications and OS installers plus of course the serial number, I was wondering if I need to deactivate/uninstall it all first from the original drive first if I do decide to go for the upgrade of a newer drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your new hard drive will count as a new computer installation. so yes, to maintain your allowance of 2 concurrent activations, deactivate cs6 (open any cs6 app > click help > deactivate) on your old hard drive before disconnecting it.

also, be sure to use an old mac os compatible with cs6. eg, the os must support 32 bit apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I thought this was the case and the correct way to do it, just wanted to be 100% sure before I started the process…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines