• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My serial number won't work. Please help!

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a serial number for CS3 design suite that I bought 6 years or so ago for mac and windows. Now when I'm trying to install it on my new macbook, the serial number isn't being recognised. The windows one worked perfectly fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Pri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial numbers are different for mac and windows. There is no one serial number for both. I don't know where you got it from, but certainly not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks I am aware of that and have a separate serial number for Mac. It doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2016 Feb 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I read that as buying a CS3 suite box with both M/W editions inside. But you need to get to Support and sort it out.

We are forum volunteers and not Adobe Employees. The best thing to do is to contact them via chat. If you registered your product there should be no problems.

If not, have proof of purchase ready.

Follow this guide and look for the Contact Us link at the bottom.

Find your Adobe product serial number quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Got I saw this message and you are not the official support. I nearly thought that the Adobe support can not resolve the problem. By the way, if you will write to their support, they will answer very soon and give you feedback about your answer. They will change your serial number for the computer on which you have difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, good to know they reissued you a new number. I hope it's working now.

CS3 is beyond technical support. That's when they will send you off to the forums.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, they suggested I try the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. We can't fix serial numbers. If you had a problem reading a file or with the Type tool, that we can handle.

Did they ask you for your serial number and tell you anything about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I provided it to them too. I'll try emailing them now as previously I tried live chat. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no email support at all, so I am not sure who you would email...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I have just been contacted by Adobe by email. They would have picked up on this thread I suppose.  Will post outcome soon. Tx for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that's good news. I mentioned it because sometimes people fire off an email to which just doesn't go anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am getting an expert reach you!

Thanks

Mandhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines