• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Acrobat 9 Standard download

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my original CD and still have the SN listed in my account details, but can't find a link to the download in 'My Account', or otherwise on the Adobe website...

Can the software be downloaded anywhere from a genuine Adobe source?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PawleysIsland ,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

Please click on the below mentioned download link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-8-9-product-downloads.html

Please reply for any assistance.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  After running the instal, I am getting an "Invalid Serial Number" message. I've double-checked the SN, and I've tried entering it with and without hyphens - to no avail. Any idea why this would happen, or how to work-around?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with an Acrobat Standard instal.  Have you provided a response or found a solution to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No word yet - Not sure why there would be any issue. If you have any luck please advise - I'm hoping the original staff respondent will reply again to shed some light...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pawleysisland and Landis Law Acrobat 9 Standard was not available as trial thus there was not a publically available download of Acrobat 9 Standard which was made available.  If you choose the download option at the time of purchase then you will be given the option to download the software again under your account.  If you believe you choose the download option but it is not showing as available then please contact our support team at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

If you choose to receive the installation files on CD then I am not aware of an available method to obtain Acrobat 9 Standard.  If your Acrobat 9 serial number is registered you can qualify for the upgrade pricing for Acrobat 11 Standard.  You can find more details at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat.html?promoid=JOLIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also if you choose to purchase a volume license of Acrobat 9 Standard it would be available for download at http://licensing.adobe.com/.  Finally if it came bundled with a Dell computer you can download the software from http://smartsource.dell.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Prerna provided a link to the Standard 9 download in the first reply to this thread. That's not a bogus link is it? I thought the link was provided by an Adobe staff member...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those links are for Acrobat 9 and 8 Professional.  Also they are the retail installer so if you do have a volume license then you need to download the installation files from https://licensing.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PawleysIsland.  Call the Technical Support Team (TST) and advise of your situation (1-800-642-3623).  Upon calling, I eventually was able to have them 'download' the program to my computer.  They advised that there was no longer any 'user' access to Acrobat Standard 9.  As such, they had to take 'remote' access to effect the download.  Once downloaded, it is up to the 'user' to then instal.  No problems with the instalation - required my original serial #.  Two things to watch for; TST was reluctant at 1st to provide access to the program.  They 1st suggested that it was not available as it was not compatible with Windows 8.1  However, when pressed they advised that it could be installed on Windows 7.  They then advised that the access to a 'download' applied only to initial purchases - and not CD purchases.  I pressed that the Download site referenced replacement installers if you no longer had the installation media - would cover both 'downloads' and 'CDs'.  Took a little time and patience, but they did complete the 'download' once I had agreed to the 'remote' access.  Good Luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Landis Law - thanks for the pointer.  Unfortunate that Windows 8 is not supported, but was able to have the software placed on another computer with Windows 7 (via remote access).

Thanks again - much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PawleysIsland or other users facing the problem.  An update to my earlier post - I eventually installed my 'remotely' downloaded Acrobat Standard 9 on a Windows 8.1 system and it works just fine.  Technical Support was incorrect when they stated that it was not compatible with Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Those links are for Acrobat 9 and 8 Professional

Sure would be helpful if Adobe would mention that on the page.

There's even a misleading link to check system requirements for Acrobat Standard. How would anyone know that they're not downloading the Standard version?

http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-8-9-product-downloads.html

Notes like that would be very helpful to Standard users who visit the page and waste their time downloading the Pro installer only to find it does not accept their Standard serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least I now have a more solid response to give people looking to get ahold of older Standard versions... send 'em to response 9 of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Ned.

Pity it requires inside knowledge and persistence on the part of the user.

Why Adobe makes users resort to these steps to re-install purchased software is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update to this discussion.  We will not be able to host the Acrobat 8 and 9 Standard retail installers as they are not available.  Please see message #6 and #8 of this discussion for alternatives to obtain Acrobat 8 or 9 Standard from Dell or from our volume licensing site.

If you have a retail license for Acrobat 8 or 9 Standard and no longer have access to your installation media then as long as the software is registered you can still qualify for upgrading pricing to Acrobat 11 Standard.  You can find more details at https://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstandard.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines