Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No clues about my CC installation on my 2nd unit

Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

I am stuck on an issue that is making me sleepless. Hope someone from Adobe will read this, as I doubt anyone but them can solve it, but the heck, who has a penny, throw it.

Story:

Normally I work on an iMac with my CC apps, and I have a Macbook Air that is so old, I could only download the 2017 version of the apps, the iOs is stopped I do not even remember at which era.

I had CC and photoshop only as far as I can remember, on that Macbook Air, since it had 4Gb RAM, and it's been months I have not used it. Though I had my second CC on that archaeological find, as bakc in 2013, it was a fairly good laptop to have.

What has happened is that that laptop has gone kaput, it does not start, produces weird sounds, does not recieve charges from the cables, and even at Apple, nobody wants to put a hand on it.

My issue: I have my second CC cloud installed on that dead laptop. As far as I know, to have it uninstalled, so that I can reuse it on a new laptop, the only thing I can do is to uninstall all tools on my own. But I can't do that if the laptop does not start at all. That means it looks like I have CC installed on two units, but one is soldier down! Soldier down!

I will eventually get a new laptop as soon as economy allows, MacBooks are not exactly flee market material, but will I be able to reinstall my second CC subscription or am I stuck in a limbo where I cannot uninstall from the former one, so I won't be able to install it on a new one?

Any tokens on this one?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Floramc, for more information on the activation process that Test Screen Name is describing, see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html. I would recommend bookmarking the page to refer to it as you move from one computer to the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Hi @floramc,

Log-in to your Adobe online account below to manage your activated devices.

https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to uninstall CC apps, which is a great new advantage of CC. Just sign out from CC, and all the computers stop working, then you can install/sign in on new ones (or the same ones).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

haven't considered this since I got my Mac, but actually time flies and at some point we bump in issues and there comes the confusion.

not strong on this side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Floramc.  I agree the Adobe Community Professionals provide invaluable real-world advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Floramc, for more information on the activation process that Test Screen Name is describing, see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.html. I would recommend bookmarking the page to refer to it as you move from one computer to the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff!!

thank you! What a telepathic line between ACPs and Adobe. I was so close to send -you- a mail, did that in the past way back when dinosaurs were on fashion, but then I thought other people might bump in this issue and went for posting on the community pages.

This was exactly the bit I was missing, thanks for sharing the link, I am Google impaired and can't even Google my name, so I appreciate the support on finding the right answer.

And look, sala-gadoola-menchicka-boo-la bibbidi-bobbidi-boo, that's the Adobe magic 🪄!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @floramc,

Log-in to your Adobe online account below to manage your activated devices.

https://account.adobe.com/activated-devices

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This helps for sure 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @floramc,

For once, the solution is the easiest you can imagine. As soon as you start a CC product on the new computer and sign-in, you will be asked to disable one of the two computers for CC.

But yes, you can also do as @Nancy OShea suggests and manage the devices beforehand.

You have all options. 😄

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This is the part I am weakest on CC, install and uninstall is a bit of my Achille's heel.

Get anxious even when I have to download updates, let alone installing on new devices.

Appreciate the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably a very intriguing question to countless users. And as you asked you're helping those users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not good with everything on CC, and I am generally not strong with these installations issues.

These are the questions I don't consider until it's time to face them. They make me anxious

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, I understand. I also have those moments!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines