• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Registration found

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased through Amazon Acrobat Pro 2020 Student (non subscription). Validated through identit-e. Shown "Product Support" botton with serial number. Downloaded succesfully. However, since did not buy directly from Adobe, now my Adobe Account does not have record of it. When I tried tro register, it said it was already registered as that must have been the first next step prompted by identit-e.

What do I do if I need to re-install at some point?

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to secure your serial number and the installation files, so you can install and activate your product in the future.

registration is unnecessary and impossible for products that have already been registered.

p.s. that also means you purchased a used product and that the license transfer to you was probably not legally done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad.

By installation files, you mean the .exe file called Acrobat-2020_Web.WWUI?

With that and the serial number, I think you are saying I can always re-install on this particular PC I have already installed Acrobat on? What about if I use the installer on another PC (so long as I have the serial number)? I believe I can do two PCs? Or just one now? A bit surprising. This is Amazon itself, not some dodggy marketpalce seller. The only thing is I did notice in the Student tab in Adobe, the discount version is not available. Full price non subscription is only seen in the non-student tab. That's how I ended buying from Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the install file is what you clicked to start the installation of acrobat.  it will be something like acrobat-2020_xxxxxxx.exe

you can install and activate on, at most, two computers at any one time.

ie, right now you have one install and activation, so you can install and activate one more computer.

bu if you can click help in your currently installed and activated acrobat and click deactivate -> ok, you'll be able to install and activate in 2 more computers.

bottomline: don't uninstall until you deactivate, first.  if you had been able to register, you would be able to deactivate from your adobe account.  but, as of now, the support you can get for that acrobat is to deactivate all (either one or two) your activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.

So I open up the Acrobat App itself and under Help there is no drop down for decativate?

Then I install on a seocnd PC? (And come back and reactivate first one?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paste a screenshot of the acrobat help menu.

to install on a 2nd computer, do the same thing you did with your first computer.

it starts getting more difficult with the third.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elwyn26500672114s_0-1665360711306.png

Here you go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click sign in/out to start the deactivation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news is I signed out and signed back in (it asked for serial number) and I now know my serial number is good with my adobe acct email address.

Bad news is drop down menu is still the same. Cannot deactivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should have the option to sign out. do you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. So I sign out completely and then I will have the decativate option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh.... I saw another conversation..... I think depending on the Adobe product you have:

Activate = sign in

Deactivate = sign out. Actually, looks like if you have the option to deactivate, you may have the further choice of activate/suspend and deactivate permannently. So Deactivate permanenntly = sign out! 

So what you are telling me is to sign out on this PC. Install on another PC, sign out on that PC. Come back to the first PC, sign back in. But one at a time?

Sorry for being a neophite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

install and activate (sign in) on one or two computers.

if you try to activate on a third, you'll see an excess activation count message, telling you that you must deactivate (sign out) from one of the other two.  you can leave it installed.

you can only activate on, at most , two computers at any one time.  you can install on an unlimited number of computers.  but if the program is not activated, it can only be used (in trial mode) for the first 30 days after installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome... got it.... phew... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines