Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not enough space..... in a disk with 365 GB free

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I've changed the install location from the CC cloud desktop App, but when I try to install Photoshop it says that I do not have enough space. It seems that Adobe isstill trying to download the installer in the default location instead of using the install location... is there anything I can do to avoid this issue? 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Even if you change the install location, you still need a minimum disk space on your primary drive.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

@John T Smith, the op is trying to install ps on a non boot drive, not the cc app.  they apparently know how to do that (365 gb free), but probably don't realize that installing any adobe app on the non boot drive still requires some (4+ gb for ps) free space on the boot drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how much free space is on your c drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

around 5GB, but I can't understand why is needed space on C... I'm installing on another disk. Anyway, I fixed cleaning up space on C 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5gb would be a problem.  and we understand, it's confusing that you would need space on your c drive when installing onto another drive, but that's adobe.  for each program installed on another drive, some things are still installed on the c drive.

p.s. glad you got it fixed.  if you install other adobe apps, you'll need more space.  you can see how much by checking each program's specs, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you change the install location, you still need a minimum disk space on your primary drive.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can generally try clearing your cache maybe even buying more storage
space or even different storage plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nikala , purchasing more c cloud storage is unrelated to helping install any cc app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cloud manager must be installed on the boot drive, and there must also be space for the temporary files

Install on non-boot drive https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/moving-ps-and-lr-classic-from-internal-hd-to-an-external-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith, the op is trying to install ps on a non boot drive, not the cc app.  they apparently know how to do that (365 gb free), but probably don't realize that installing any adobe app on the non boot drive still requires some (4+ gb for ps) free space on the boot drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines