• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Offline Activation problems with Photoshop CS6 - ver 13_LS16

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a computer that cannot be connected to the internet.

Adobe advises in its support pages under Offline Activation a number of steps to activate the software.

Step 1 is

1. Follow the installation or product launch screens until you see a link that says "I cannot connect to the internet" or "Having trouble connecting to the internet". Click the link and follow the instructions on the subsequent screen to initiate offline activation. Instructions there will tell you how to generate a Request Code.

However, version 13_LS16 of Photoshop which I just downloaded does NOT offer such a link during either installation or launching - just a continuous loop of "Retry" a connection.

Two calls to the Support Center met with incorrect information. Neither person knew that CS6 can be activated offline. In the past I have used tjhe Call Center successfully to exchane REQUEST Codes and RESPONSE CODES to install earlier versions of Photoshop. Clearly, the Call Center staff need training.

How do I get to a screen on this offline computer which allows me to generate the REQUEST CODE which is used for Offline Activation???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your thought and your advice which I did check out. However, the computer is not connected to a local network or the internet at all. It is totally standalone.I know this is rare these days, and when you tell most people (such as Adobe Call Center), they hear the words 'not connected' but do not believe it or can't envisage it.

The product was purchased only after checking on the Adobe Support website advises that Offline Activation IS possible. (And we have performed such activation with previous versions).

Cheers,

Phil

ote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil I checked the serial number under your account.  It appears you have an education version of Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection registered under your account.  You also have an upgrade version of Creative Suite 6 Master Collection registered under your account.

Are you receiving an error that your Creative Suite 5.5 serial number is not eligible?  Please be aware that education version do not qualify for upgrades due to the highly discounted price of the education version of the software.  You can find more details at FAQ | Adobe Creative Suite.

I am showing that your Creative Suite 6 Master Collection was activated most recently on October 5, 2014.  What specific errors do you receive on the computer when you attempt to activate?  Can you post a screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

This software is a fresh new  copy of CS6 Photoshop which I purchased

in December from buytechsolutions.com for my uncle, who lives in a

geographical remote area and is a pensioner. Basically I purchased the

serial number from buytechsolutions and then downloaded the software

from Adobe's site.

As for me - I am still using my CS6 Academic Suite (I worked at a

University when purchasing). I also have mothballed versions of CS2,

my son's CS3 Academic which he doesn't use, and the ancient versions

5, and 7 (upgrade I think). I have tried CC but I see no value to me

in upgrading at this time, but inevitably will do this at some time. I

found some features of CC incredibly annoying and frustrating.

At present, we are looking at relocating and plugging my uncle's

computer into a net just to validate Photoshop and Lasersoft's

Silverfast (which has similar problems). As his PC has no web

protection this carries some risk, but the level should be minor.

As my uncle does not have an Adobe ID, no e-mail address, nor any

credit card, (or internet), we might have to register it under my name

and AdobeID. 

If I have to visit him to do this, it is a 300 mile trip each way.

Hence, my persistence with Offline Activation!

Cheers,Phil

Suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil I don't see the Photoshop CS6 registered under your account.  I would recommend contacting our support team directly at Contact Customer Care and verifying the serial number is valid and it is not an upgrade version.

If you continue to face difficulties you are welcome to private message me the serial number but it would be more expedient to contact our support team directly.

I would recommend having the serial number reviewed to ensure their will be no activation difficulties.  Please also be aware that the offline activation process does still require a computer with Internet access.  This can be a smartphone, tablet, a simple web browser capable of secure http connections.  The offline activation process is as follows:

1. Launch the product.
  2. At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.
  3. Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.
  4. Write down the Request Code.
  5. Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.
  6. Click Offline Activation.
  7. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
  8. Enter your Request code and click Generate.
  9. Write down the Response code.
  10. Switch back to the offline computer.
  11. Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The offline activation and response code is valid for a period of time.  I believe you have 24 hours to complete the process.

Once the software is activated there should be no need to reactivate the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

We gave up and relocated my uncle's machine to a network connection

and installed and validated Photoshop using m AdobeID.

As you can see from the screen prints I sent, it look like the recent

version(s) do no allow one to generate a request code, so this should

be logged as a product fault for fixing.

All in all this has been a painful excercise.

However, thank you for your suggestions - your effort has been

appreciated.

Cheers,Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil I am unable to see the attached image.  Please see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? for information on how to post an image. Please be aware the image is public so I would recommend removing any personal information if visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screen captures from my earlier post. As one can see, there is no link to "having trouble connecting" "cannot connect" or "generate a request code" in this recent version of Photoshop CS6.

2a.jpgThis is 2a - during installation without an internet connection

4a.jpgThis is 4a, launching Photoshop after installing without a connection

5a.jpgThis is 5a after pressing 'validate' without a connection. No option to generate a Request Code'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting Pmack007 can you please private message me the serial number which you utilized?  I would like to review the product SKU to see if it may provide additional guidance as to why online activation was required.

Please do not post the the serial number in the forum.  If you have any questions on how to send a private message to me please update this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to reinstall my licensed CS6 and installer does not see that I'm on the internet.  Went to link for offline activation and it requires entry of a REQUEST (not Response) code along with the serial number in order to generate a Response Code which will validate the serial number.  There is no Request Code on any of the materials with the disc; not on the packaging, not on the disc itself, and not on any of the labels on the packaging or on the serial code labe.  Where do I fine/obtain a Request Code.      Again, what's required for verification is a REQUEST Code from the customer along with the serial number before Adobe will generate a Response Code.  Every other post on this I've read on the internet, the Adobe people have no idea what is being asked and they keep referring to the Response Code.  I need a REQUEST Code.  It's required in a field right next to the serial number before clicking for a Response Code from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated other where, you need to generate the first code on your machine: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/offline-activation-problems-with-photoshop-cs6-ver-1...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read the directions above from Jeff A. Wright for generating code.  The instructions ask for the PRODUCT's Request Code, not a computer generated code in order to generate a Response Code to verify serial number on machine program is installed on.  Please tell me where it says to insert the response code from your computer into the field. Offline Activation Adobe.jpg.  See image of Offline Activation page attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

One of my uncle's calls verified the serial number is in the database

- the only useful info from the two calls.

Again, your advice is welcome, but step two cannot be performed. As I

advised in the original message, there is no link to generate a

request code. I have seen such a link successfully  in the past (CS3

I think), but the downloadable version of December ( version 16_LS16)

does NOT seem to offer such a link.  Screen captures are attached.

2a was taken during installation, retry just gives a loop (I tried in

case trying 'x' times would lead to a 'having trouble' screen. I

continued with 'connect later'.

4a, 5a were taken on launching the application after installation.

Pressing validate on 4a leads to 5a. Retry just gives a loop again.

As you can see, no screen refers to 'having trouble connecting' or

'cannot connect' which would lead to generating a request code.

Cheers,Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines