• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old and duplicate CS apps on hard drive...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to clean up my boot drive. I need to free up some space on it because it is an SSD that is a few years old so it is only 200GB. It is almost full, and this is confusing because there is really not that many apps on it.

I discovered, to my surprise, that there are folders containing old versions of Adobe Applications on the drive (such as CS 5.1 and CS5, in addition to CS6 which I want to leave). There are even folders that seem to be duplicates.

This is happening in both folders: Program Files and Program Files (x86). Here is a view of the contents of these folders.

Program Files (x86).jpg

Program Files.jpg

I want to get rid of all CS5 and CS5.5 versions. In addition, I see no reason to have the 32 bit version of the 64bit apps around, so I would like to get rid of them too. My Boot drive is almost full and all these extra files are taking up room.

Does anyone know how to do this? I tried downloading and running cscleaner but it seemed to have no effect. Is the way that you should just drag the folders to the trash or is there a better way to do it?

I would appreciate any guidance you may have. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Billy Joe Wiliams,

Please uninstall the older version following the steps in the following link.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/general-uninstallation-troubleshooting-cs5-cs5.html

Please inbox me privately if these trouble shooting steps are not adequate for resolution.

Regards,

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines