• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Photoshop Elements install on new Mac

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop Elements  a few years back and downloaded it on my MacBook.  I purchased a MacBook Air, and want to know if I can download the updated version to my new Mac ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bishop+AKC  wrote

want to know if I can download the updated version to my new Mac ?

If you mean Photoshop Elements 2019, you can, but you will have to purchase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2596028 to download program installers

Depending on the age of your program, and the version of your Mac operating system, you may or may not be able to install

CS6 and similar age programs HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED AND WILL NOT BE UPDATED for Mac El Capitan or newer operating systems

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems due to Apple updates

-this is about CS6 (which is from 2012) but it will probably apply to other programs of that age

-Apple did not maintain backward compatibility with old programs in El Capitan or newer operating systems

--Adobe has a workaround to Apple's problem of not maintaining backward compatibility

--READ HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2301916 for an Adobe solution to installing old programs, including a link to installing the old Java runtime that is required

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bishop+AKC  wrote

want to know if I can download the updated version to my new Mac ?

If you mean Photoshop Elements 2019, you can, but you will have to purchase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Please keep in mind that the older the software is and the newer the computer is... the more likely you're going to run into some compatibility issues Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks 

Elements user since 2009 and need a later version to work with a newer Mac see specs below. I have the serial number.

Is Elements install on disc or download.

<removed> is related to machine compatibility, which is I think , is a little vague on the subject of machine and Elements versions.

Lastly I would buy a supported older Elements version if there is an Adobe Elements archive to weigh-up the alternatives.

iMac late 2015

OS Catalina 10.15.7 quad i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

I am not sure when posting if headings are not activated if not matching other posts,which is a little confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No old versions are sold, so there is nothing to compare. (Some sites may offer it, but it will be fake software, with malware as a bonus!). And in any case you will need a very recent version (2020 or later) for Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First my email address needed changing then my password has to be updated ,and then when clicking support takes me back to the product download page . In essence what adobe are doing is trying to make people download Elements BEFORE talking to support. 

I have an email from Adobe from several years ago when upgrading which was fine. Now instead what seems to be happening is very disappointing to find. When you want to sell a product you talk to people as quoted by the image . "Contact Us" is a ploy taking you back to the same download page ,which is laughably like a scam might do, it isn't of course but this is nothing like the Adobe I knew turning into an automated money making system without real human. I wanted support,I got no such thing.

The forum answered one question in three thinking it is one question by the title ,which incidentally the forum software insisted it has to comply with something someone else asked . 

If I am not contacted with an explanation this will be documented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>If I am not contacted

Adobe will not contact you, but scammers will

This space is provided by Adobe, but it is not Adobe support
Sorry, nobody here can help with an account or payment problem
This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-you MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines